PDA

View Full Version : A message to anyone wishing to Join NMP

venusbluejeans
11-08-17, 21:12
To All who wish to Join No More Panic

Due to a huge influx of spammers we are currently having to moderate every new member who signs up to NMP.

This may result in a short wait for you to be accepted into the No More Panic family while the Admins take a quick look at your profile.

Any member we deem to have the potential to be a spammer will be banned/removed from the site.

As we have had so many spammers recently there occasionally there may be an time where we wrongly remove an account. We apologise if this happens and if it happens to you we would ask you to use the ‘contact us’ (link below)to alert us to our mistake and we will rectify the problem asap.

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/sendmessage.php

There may also be an occasion when we wrongly let an account through the net who then goes on to Spam the forum, although I hope these will be few and far between.

I hope you understand that we are doing this for the good of the No More Panic community as we battle against spammers

Many Thanks NMP Admin Team

venusbluejeans
16-08-17, 10:41
Also please do not use a disposable email address when wanting to join, this may lead to us banning you unnecessarily

venusbluejeans
01-09-17, 18:08
We have now turned new member moderation back off as an trial. :scared15::scared11:

This may of course mean that we all wake up in the morning and the forum is covered in spam. :doh::curse:

Please keep your fingers crossed that we are not going to spend the morning deleting spam :)

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DFnBFW2W0AESSXS.jpg

KK77
01-09-17, 18:43
Our Complaints spam bot scanner is in operation so fear not dear Admin folk :shades:

Bigboyuk
01-09-17, 19:16
Ha ha I never liked the tinned stuff either it's yuk LOL Cheers Note problem with my quick reply the message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 1 character(s) Not even posted it yet lol Good luck don't throw that tin opener out just yet ;) Cheers

venusbluejeans
02-09-17, 08:03
shhhhhh I think we have got away with it.........:yahoo:

or they could just be lulling us into a false sense of security :D

I am heading to the coast for a week now so please pray for sunshine ... I won't be answering any PM's so if you havee a query/problem then please contact one of the other Admins :)

KK77
02-09-17, 12:59
I will keep the Bot Scanner running till you return, so have a nice break and don't have botty nightmares :shades:

Scanner Status: Running

Catherine S
02-09-17, 14:14
Happy hols :emot-wave:

KK77
03-09-17, 16:45
Whilst we have encountered a problem...

Database error
The No More Panic database has encountered a problem.

....rest assured this is NOT bot activity and is being fixed as we speak...

Bot Scanner Status: Still running

Noivous
03-09-17, 16:53
Let me ask VBJ...what does "your token has expired" mean?

Just saw that for the first time. Thank you.

N.

nomorepanic
03-09-17, 16:55
When do you get that message?

MattZion
03-09-17, 17:17
Hi,

when ever you try access chat or games I am getting error messages.

Just a FYI

Matt

nomorepanic
03-09-17, 17:22
I can't get hold of Alex at the moment so we still have no disk space on the server so the errors will continue.

It is probably best if people don't play the games or go in chat at the moment.

It may be that forum posts don't get accepted soon - not sure on that one!

MyNameIsTerry
03-09-17, 17:24
Let me ask VBJ...what does "your token has expired" mean?

Just saw that for the first time. Thank you.

N.

It's when your browser has been resting on a page for too long as you need to hit refresh. If you post on that page without refreshing you get the expiry message.

It's happened to me many a time as I keep lots of tabs open for things to comment on and on my other browsers (now on Firefox) I would post a message and lose it as the back button wouldn't reveal it :doh:

Bigboyuk
20-12-17, 13:21
I have had that too Terry by clicking on the back page button you lose your post, sounds like a Session Cookie has expired too soon? I am using IE as my browser which has recently been updated so have the latest version but have some problems like on ITV Hub I have to keep logging in to the ITV Hub even though I have remember me check box ticked, I have no problem on NMP as it does remember me and don't have to keep logging in :)