PDA

View Full Version : Can trapped gas in chest cause this?

deejaay2
12-08-17, 07:40
Hi, all! Good evening :)

I have a question about the trapped gas I'm experiencing. It's in my chest and I have drink some ginger ale (warm). I burp a few times and feel a little better. But wondering if it can cause shortness of breath? (Sidenote: Nasty lol. But I do hold my flatulence in, I feel so weird saying that.)

Just curious. :)

Deanna J.

<3

Lon
12-08-17, 09:17
Yup! Gas buildup can make you bloated, which affects your diaphragm. Since your diaphragm helps you breath, this can cause shortness of breath. I had gas buildup in my chest earlier this week to and experienced the same thing

deejaay2
12-08-17, 10:26
Yup! Gas buildup can make you bloated, which affects your diaphragm. Since your diaphragm helps you breath, this can cause shortness of breath. I had gas buildup in my chest earlier this week to and experienced the same thing

Wow, I'm sorry to hear that! This been going on since last month. Got worried and thought I had some type of heart problem but found out it was gas lol. But thank you for responding! :) Hugs and kissies!

Deanna J.

Debden
14-08-17, 10:12
Yes I get this all the time for days at a time. My chest burns and gas gets stuck in my esophagus that feels like it's in my back