PDA

View Full Version : Going really really hot then shaking uncontrollably then going freezing cold

Smellycat10
12-08-17, 15:06
So I've been feeling very unwell I have labyrinthis and some ear stuff going on with my Eustachian tube .. I keep getting boiling hot shaking like crazy and then freezing cold .. so cold I shake . Does anyone know if this can be a panic attack? Or anxiety or is it something to do with the illness? Or something sinister? Xx

hanshan
12-08-17, 15:30
Anxiety can produce just about any symptom including shaking and alternating feeling hot and cold, but these are also classic symptoms of an infection of some kind, mostly benign, but sometimes not. Most likely it will subside quickly, but if not, see a doctor. Two things to watch carefully are your body temperature as measured by a thermometer, ie a fever as opposed to feeling hot, and hydration, taking in enough water. If things seem to be getting worse by the hour, see a doctor to be safe.

Smellycat10
12-08-17, 15:46
Thanks for the reply, I took my temp and it was 37.8 .. don't think that's even classed as a temp. I didn't feel anxious but I give up .. i never
Know if I'm anxious anymore ... I'm just a a mess

hanshan
13-08-17, 04:18
Body temperature varies during the day by up to a degree or so. I didn't think stress or anxiety could actually affect core body temperature as opposed to skin temperature, but I did some checking on the internet, and it seems it can. It's amazing what anxiety can do. As always, check with a doctor if you have a fever that doesn't quickly get better by itself.