PDA

View Full Version : Just joined, hello everyone

Barbary Lane
13-08-17, 12:20
Hello, I have just joined the forum looking for some cyber friendship and support from others who know what it means to live with an anxiety disorder.

I am a 60 year old lady and have suffered with anxiety most of my life due to an emotionally traumatic childhood. I don't need to dwell on that because I have has 12 months of psychotherapy to unravel the knotted ball of wool that was my childhood.

2 years ago I had a panic attack in the car in a traffic jam which kick started my need for some help from my GP.

I have taken Escitalopram successfully along with propranolol for 21 months. A couple of weeks ago I had the idea to see if I still needed it and stopped taking my tablet and ended up at the GP on Friday. She explained to me about the brain's production of neurotransmitters and I now understand the whole situation a lot better and realise it is a deficiency and not a weakness and nothing to be ashamed of. I am reintroducing my medication under her supervision and am already feeling more stable (my poor husband had a rough week with me :weep:)

Anyway that's me, thank you for having me and look forward to 'meeting' some of you :)

venusbluejeans
13-08-17, 12:27
Hiya Barbary Lane and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

Barbary Lane
13-08-17, 12:32
Thank you very much :)