PDA

View Full Version : Constant sensorimotor ocd

Juggar
14-08-17, 07:10
Anyone else struggling with this? I feel like If I could get over this id be cured completely of my anxiety/OCD.

Its basically like im aware of my breathing all the time and when I think of my breathing or some other involuntary function it makes me think of my anxiety (which comes from this and previous insomnia) and thus is a vicious cycle that just repeats itself.

I think of breathing, blinking, itching and even walking.... its like a hyper focus on mundane everyday things a normal person would never give the time of day to and honestly its very irritating and generates many anxious feelings. I had this once when I was like 12 but got over it almost instantly when someone told me how it was involuntary. I know this now as an adult of course I guess its just the Anxiety of "what if I never forget about this horrible breathing OCD thing?" I guess its just self fulfilling. :doh:

Another major fear was not being able to sleep because of the "manual breathing" but that never once happened to me but the irrational thought is still there, ever present.

Normally you'd forget about this sort of thing quickly with some distraction but since this has been such a huge and dominating part of my life for the past 10 months I cant simply just "forget" about it.

Good lord I just want this to be over so I can finally move on with my life.

HarleyMarshall
14-08-17, 23:40
I suffer with exact same thing my mind is fixed on my breathing 24/7 like you said if we eliminate the breathing obessoion I could deal with anxiety but this sensorimotor has kept me in my home for over a year I can leave my house cause of it and my head feels very weird 24/7 if you have Facebook add me my name is levi Marshall from Cardiff I have 2 profiles add them both :)

Juggar
15-08-17, 07:35
I suffer with exact same thing my mind is fixed on my breathing 24/7 like you said if we eliminate the breathing obessoion I could deal with anxiety but this sensorimotor has kept me in my home for over a year I can leave my house cause of it and my head feels very weird 24/7 if you have Facebook add me my name is levi Marshall from Cardiff I have 2 profiles add them both :)

Hey, thanks for the response. Have you seen a therapist? I think CBT may be the way to go with this but I really, really don't want a mental health record. There's that stigma of people getting mental help, people will think something is bad wrong with me. I know because I thought that about someone a few years ago when I bumped into her at the clinic. :doh:

Ive pretty much run the gamut with this thing, ive thought of every distressing thought I could think of. I mean, all these thoughts and OCD awareness have never hurt me so its like, why the hell wont my mind get over it? Some irrational part of my brain is holding on to this and I honestly do not know why.

I feel like, sometimes talking about it is all the help we need. Its just that pretty much no one outside of maybe a therapist understands this issue.

HarleyMarshall
15-08-17, 07:45
I'd love to see therapist but I can't leave the house cause of it

Juggar
15-08-17, 09:26
I'd love to see therapist but I can't leave the house cause of it

I understand, it has made me be more avoidant of things in some ways but I realized I must not allow this to control me. I said I made it 25 years in life with no issue so therefore this(OCD/anxiety) can not and will not control me. Though it does make me feel highly uncomfortable often, which is what I struggle with. That and infrequent insomnia, thank God that has gotten better!

I was avoidant of going to the movies for awhile, because I would sit there and concentrate on my breathing and other things but after repeated exposure it got better. I wasn't cured but I got to the point where I could enjoy the movie without a million anxious thoughts.

I feel like the more avoidant I was of something, the more of a mountain it became in my mind. Food for thought, at least.