PDA

View Full Version : Worried about antibiotics

patroclus
14-08-17, 10:15
Hi so I've recently started taking Bactrim for infected ingrown hair cysts I've been having struggles with for months now and I've finally mustered up the courage to take the first pill! Now, though, I've become woried about the side effects since I am now incredibly fatigued (more than is usual), nauseous, and my back hurts. I am also anemic and it says not to take if you have anemia though I did check with a doctor and they told me it was fine for me to take anyway. Anyway, I was just wondering if I should be worrying so much or if antibiotics are really just no big deal and my health anxiety is blowing everything out of proportion..

---------- Post added at 09:15 ---------- Previous post was at 07:38 ----------

Another thing is that I'm urinating a lot more than usualy, and it is completely clear. Of course my HA makes me think this is a kidney issue...

Clydesdale Epona
14-08-17, 23:36
Urinating frequently will be down to the antibiotics as it also clears out your system in the process. fatigue and nausea are also big side effects of antibiotics. I would give it a few days and if it doesn't calm down then maybe make a DRs appointment if you're concerned about them and their effect :)

Best wishes :hugs:

patroclus
16-08-17, 09:36
So its been a few days that I've been on Bactrim SS and its currently past 1am and I was awoken by chills and nausea. I haven't thrown up and I don't have diarrhea though I have continued to have very frequent urination that is almost always clear. I'm so worried that these antibiotics are doing more hurt than good or perhaps they're not working at all and this is just the infection taking over. Any reassurance that I'm not dying would be greatly appreciated so I can maybe go back to sleep without all this anxiety

---------- Post added at 08:36 ---------- Previous post was at 08:36 ----------

Also I feel that I should mention that I'm not sure if I have a fever but I do feel quite unwell

swajj
16-08-17, 09:57
Just go to the doctor for goodness sake. There are no doctors here.

patroclus
16-08-17, 10:05
I can't very well just up and go to the doctor at 2am...

swajj
16-08-17, 10:24
So you have only been concerned about this since 2am this morning?

---------- Post added at 18:54 ---------- Previous post was at 18:47 ----------

I suggested on your other thread that you might have a UTI. Frequent urination, chills, nausea and backache can all be symptoms of a UTI. In fact, with the exception of nausea they are the only symptoms I get.