PDA

View Full Version : It does get better

Bellaaa13
14-08-17, 10:26
Hi everyone,

I haven't been on this forum for a while but the last time I was on, I was making posts about how I was convinced I was dying. I was terrified I had melanoma, rabies, other cancers, heart problems... etc

And today, I know I don't have these conditions. I know that I'm healthy and that I have nothing to be concerned about. I don't waste my time worrying and crying over these things anymore and I'm HAPPY.

Whilst in the midst of my anxiety I felt awful, and I imagined how horrible the rest of my life was going to be, tormented by these worries. I just want to let you all know that you can get better and you can be happy and worry-free.

PROFESSIONAL HELP IS SO IMPORTANT. I saw a great psychiatrist who turned my life around in just a few short months. I now take medication every day and I have never felt better. For all of you going through this, I want to help you and I want all of you to feel better and live your lives to the fullest. Please seek help. Don't be afraid to try out different therapies and different medications till you find what works for you, because there is something out there for everyone. And no one deserves to live their life feeling this crappy the whole time.

BEST WISHES TO YOU ALL. xx

palspals
14-08-17, 14:06
It's lovely of you to take the time to come here and let those of us who are currently struggling know that it gets better. Well done to you. I agree professional help is pivotal but you also would have put in substantial work to achieve greater wellness and you deserve to feel proud. I feel halfway home...but still pretty bad. I'm seeing a psychologist every two weeks (can't afford to any more than that) and it's been great. Getting my thoughts in check is also important but it is hard when you feel a number of troubling symptoms...
Anyway, thanks again :) And well done!

cattia
14-08-17, 17:10
Thanks so much Bella for this! I really need these stories of encouragement at the moment as I am in the thick of things, have just started a low dose of medication which I was really reluctant to do and am still having second thoughts about it, but I do really want to feel better and be able to enjoy life. Your story does give me hope.

CalvinB
14-08-17, 17:16
Thank you Bella. I needed this.

May I ask if you don't mind, what medication are you on?

BrokenGirl
14-08-17, 17:18
Thanks for posting this. It means so much to us who are currently struggling that there can be light at the end of the tunnel. When you're in the midst of HA, or any other type of anxiety, it really is very hard to think there is a way out of it. We all need hope and encouragement and it's posts like this one that gives us a lift.
So thanks again, and well done for getting through it :yesyes:

Bellaaa13
15-08-17, 21:47
Thank you Bella. I needed this.

May I ask if you don't mind, what medication are you on?

I'm on 10mg escitalopram. Tried various other things to no avail but this worked like a charm for me and I'd really recommend it :)

---------- Post added at 20:47 ---------- Previous post was at 20:44 ----------

It's lovely of you to take the time to come here and let those of us who are currently struggling know that it gets better. Well done to you. I agree professional help is pivotal but you also would have put in substantial work to achieve greater wellness and you deserve to feel proud. I feel halfway home...but still pretty bad. I'm seeing a psychologist every two weeks (can't afford to any more than that) and it's been great. Getting my thoughts in check is also important but it is hard when you feel a number of troubling symptoms...
Anyway, thanks again :) And well done!

Thank you. I'm so happy my post helped.

Seeing a psychologist is definitely a great step! I know how hard it is, trust me, especially at first. But you are on the right path and you can beat this thing! Your hard work will be SO worth it in the long run. Never give up! :)

Fishmanpa
15-08-17, 21:49
Great post and thank you for saying what I've been advising for years... Therapy, meds (if needed) and a lot of hard work!

Positive thoughts

Bellaaa13
15-08-17, 21:56
Thanks so much Bella for this! I really need these stories of encouragement at the moment as I am in the thick of things, have just started a low dose of medication which I was really reluctant to do and am still having second thoughts about it, but I do really want to feel better and be able to enjoy life. Your story does give me hope.

I'm so happy my story gave you hope. Stay hopeful and keep looking forward because one day, you'll be able to make a similar post, I'm sure :)

I was also very apprehensive about taking medication at first but made such a difference for me, it's unbelievable! I really hope you find something that works for you because anxiety is cruel and nobody deserves to deal with it. You deserve so much happiness! You're in my thoughts x

---------- Post added at 20:55 ---------- Previous post was at 20:52 ----------

Thanks for posting this. It means so much to us who are currently struggling that there can be light at the end of the tunnel. When you're in the midst of HA, or any other type of anxiety, it really is very hard to think there is a way out of it. We all need hope and encouragement and it's posts like this one that gives us a lift.
So thanks again, and well done for getting through it :yesyes:

I'm truly so glad that my post has helped. It means a lot to me to think I'm able to give a little bit of hope to people in the same situation I was in just a few short months ago, feeling like there was no way out. There is always hope and things WILL get better, although it's not always an easy road to recovery :)

---------- Post added at 20:56 ---------- Previous post was at 20:55 ----------

Great post and thank you for saying what I've been advising for years... Therapy, meds (if needed) and a lot of hard work!

Positive thoughts

Thank you. You're so right. :)

snowghost57
15-08-17, 22:01
Bella, it is so great to hear of another success story! Just as Fish said, I used medication to help me over my crisis. I found an awesome therapist and through tears and frustration, my own stubbornness, I was determined to get better, and I did.

It is a lot of work, but it is worth it. I can't believe I'm the person that I am today. No more tears over the littlest thing, no more thinking of the future. I have some moments but I bring myself back to the present and I am thankful for what I have. We can get better! I know, I did!

Catherine S
15-08-17, 22:11
Well done Bella, you've slayed the dragon as our Fishmanpa would say...except I love dragons so it's a hard thing for me to say lol, so I'll say you've got rid of your demons instead! But whichever way we say it, you found a way to rise above it all.

Onwards and upwards.

Cath S :)

Bellaaa13
15-08-17, 22:30
Bella, it is so great to hear of another success story! Just as Fish said, I used medication to help me over my crisis. I found an awesome therapist and through tears and frustration, my own stubbornness, I was determined to get better, and I did.

It is a lot of work, but it is worth it. I can't believe I'm the person that I am today. No more tears over the littlest thing, no more thinking of the future. I have some moments but I bring myself back to the present and I am thankful for what I have. We can get better! I know, I did!

I'm so glad you are better too :) congrats!

---------- Post added at 21:30 ---------- Previous post was at 21:29 ----------

Well done Bella, you've slayed the dragon as our Fishmanpa would say...except I love dragons so it's a hard thing for me to say lol, so I'll say you've got rid of your demons instead! But whichever way we say it, you found a way to rise above it all.

Onwards and upwards.

Cath S :)

Haha, thank you so much :)

.Poppy.
15-08-17, 22:31
Awesome post, Bella. I too take medication and it's done wonders. I still struggle a bit with GAD and depression, but not nearly as bad as I used to and my HA has kicked the bucket!

In fact, I had some chest pain just this weekend and my mind rushed to "omg, heart attack" first, but I was able to stop that line of thinking very quickly and remembered that I do get occasional flare ups of costochondritis (which it turned out to be).

I do stress that therapy can be very beneficial, as I am restarting that this week after going through a rough time.