PDA

View Full Version : Anyone had sciatica?

Debden
14-08-17, 10:47
Hi all, I've been getting a pain in my calf since early may this year. At first it started as a tight cramp pain Just in the back of my calf. Over the months it's come and gone, never swelled or anything and not I'm getting it a lot in the side of my calf and I get the odd bit of lower back pain, very rarely buttock pain. It sometimes goes into my thigh too but on the front? It's not pain nor eof a numb/tingly right feeling and my leg feels cold. It comes for a while and sometimes goes away for a few days. I've been to the doctors (health anxiety and google told me it was a blood clot) and doctors have told me it sounds like either sciatica or muscular. I'm moving on from thinking it's a blood clot because I moretty sure it would've done something by now or got worse. Can sciatica present only mainly in the back of the calf and cause my leg and foot to go tingly and numb? Worries me a lot

Jotia
14-08-17, 11:09
Been having exactly the same thing recently, a tight cramp like pain in my back and at the side of my calf. No tingling though I do hear that's a common symptom of sciatica. It started in my right leg and now it's in both. Iv had it off and on for a month now so pretty sure it is only muscle related. i wouldn't worry if the doctor has ruled out a clot.

Debden
14-08-17, 11:17
Yeah it's just awful. My lower back is killing me it goes into my sides and I get dead paranoid. It's probably a
Muscle or a nerve but I do worry about it it's awful

hannahc128
14-08-17, 12:43
I went through something very similar when my anxiety started. The front of my right thigh hurt, the back of my right calf hurt, and my right outer ankle/calf muscles KILLED. I was told sciatica by the ER even though typically sciatica is lower back/back of thigh pain. I did some ab and back exercises and lost a little weight and it's mostly gone. A few years later I still get the lower back/back of leg pain occasionally but I don't worry about it anymore.