PDA

View Full Version : Addison - son scared

Elliejane44
14-08-17, 19:16
Hi

About 2 months ago my son got this strange brown like stain at top of his left index finger . It looks like a paint stain but will not come off no matter what . I suffer from health anxiety so got worried over it but just hoped it would go. On Friday I took him to gp who had no idea what it was but said he pretty confident it was nothing medical and looks like something he has come into contact with and will wear off .

He said it not addisons , diabetes or Cushing . No one which even had entered my head until I went home and googled them and found addisons cause hyper pigmentation along with lots of other symptoms and it very rare some sites say 4 in a million .

I cannot get it out my head it might be that now . I check his finger all time . He is 14 so fed up and husband so angry . I want to take him to dermatologist .

Any ideas what it could be ? It driving me insane and I so anxious .

Please someone reply .

I currently seeing a cbt therapist and on anti depressants but feel I will never stop this worrying

Ellie

Clydesdale Epona
14-08-17, 22:52
I honestly don't have much of an idea but these things can happen for various non life threatening reasons and you just have to assure yourself you've had a DRs opinion and they don't think it's anything sinister x

Best wishes :hugs: