PDA

View Full Version : Twitching in face

HazyMind
02-06-07, 14:42
Hi,

Ive been really scared the last few days because I keep getting alot of twitching above my right lip and under my right eye. I can actually see throbbing in theses areas, it's happening now and it is really freaking me out!

It happens all the time and will only stop for a minute or two before it starts again, I'm finding it very hard to accept this could be anxiety and can't help but think Parkinsons or brain tumour or disease. My head also hurts at the back on my right side.

Can anyone help me? Could this be anxiety related?

I dont want to look up theses symptoms online, Im sure I would just be paralysed by the fear of what it could be!

Florida Gator
02-06-07, 17:30
Hi Hazy,

I often get the twitching in my face. My left botton eyelide goes like crazy at times. Currently my chin and upper lip area are what is twitching. Mine twitch every few minutes or so. Usually stops when I put my mind to something else.

I know it makes you think it is something other than anxiety but I know that anxiety does cause this twitching. I had an MRI done of my head and all was clear but yet the twitching and dizzyness live on!

Take care,

Chris

yorkylover
03-06-07, 00:09
Hi there,Im sure its nothing serious,dont you go googling you will make your self worse.I get twitching in my eye sometimes.:hugs: It will go away.
Big Hug for you

honeybee3939
03-06-07, 00:17
Hi

When we are anxious muscles can tighten up, even muscles that are sittuated around our eyes and face.

take a look at the links below they may help........

Twitching Eye (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3313)
twitching (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3103)
Muscle Twitches (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2219)

Love
:hugs:
Andrea
xxx

cattttt
03-06-07, 00:55
Yes, my face twitches too, aren't we a twitchy lot?

xBettyBoopx
03-06-07, 03:55
Hi there

I would like to reassure you that twitching is caused by anxiety and you have nothing to worry about. I have had twitching all over my body for about a year now, I'm sure something would have happened to me by now if it was serious. I know a lot of people have twitching related to anxiety, so please try not to worry, although it's easy for me to say.

The worse twitches for me are when I get them in my chest and stomach, but I have an eye twitch at the moment in my right eye and one in my finger:weep:

Nothing good ever comes out of 'googling', lol so stay away.

Hope all the posts have reassured you, take care.
Elspeth

HazyMind
04-06-07, 16:37
Thank-you all for your replies :hugs:

The twitching is still happening, I'm concerned as I've never had twitching in these places before and I've had anxiety for 10 years so i get afraid of any new symptoms.
I've had some twitching in my thumb before but that didn't last long.
I've also had twitching in my eye lid before but not under the eye like it is now.

I'm going to make an appointment at the docs to hopefully put my mind at rest but thank-you so much for your replies it has made me relax!!! :yesyes:

Gemma T
15-02-09, 21:38
Dont worry i get twitches under my left eye aw well. kind of at the top of my cheek. dont worry its anxiety. x x x

yorkylover
16-02-09, 17:14
Hi there Im sure its nothing serious.I get this problem at times especially round one eye.Dont google sweety,you will feel alot worse.
Sending you some hugs.:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :bighug1: :bighug1: :bighug1: :bighug1: :bighug1: :bighug1: :bighug1: :bighug1: