PDA

View Full Version : Facial tension

meant2live
14-08-17, 19:53
I notice that my anxiety causes a lot of tension in my face. I can really feel it in my cheek bone area and around my eyes. Later, it'll turn into a tension headache.

Does anyone else get this?

AJBliss
14-08-17, 23:24
Yes, every day. It is my longest running and most persistent anxiety complaint!

Melonpony
14-08-17, 23:38
I get it too, into my eyebrow too. Only on my left side.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

meant2live
15-08-17, 01:47
I've looked up some exercises to relax the facial muscles. One involves blowing up your cheeks like you're playing a trumpet.

Something for the eye brow area may be to scrunch up your forehead for a few seconds and then releasing.

More and more I think it would be nice to get a professional massage lol. Maybe it would help us all.

Pea Tear Griffin
15-08-17, 09:09
I get this nearly every day sometimes mild sometimes bad.

nmp1991ah
15-08-17, 13:22
I've looked up some exercises to relax the facial muscles. One involves blowing up your cheeks like you're playing a trumpet.

Something for the eye brow area may be to scrunch up your forehead for a few seconds and then releasing.

More and more I think it would be nice to get a professional massage lol. Maybe it would help us all.

I am getting one this thursday for this very reason! And to calm my nerves before having to get my blood drawn friday morning.... :weep:

Melonpony
15-08-17, 18:45
Almost ALL of my body symptoms are muscular.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

meant2live
15-08-17, 22:07
I would love to get a massage by a therapist, but I feel awkward about it lol. I just think they would know exactly how to work on my tense areas like my shoulders and neck. I think the lymphatic drainage aspect would be helpful as well.