PDA

View Full Version : Help needed on Withdrawal symptoms

MattZion
14-08-17, 21:12
Hi,

I have been suffering with anxiety really bad for the last 6 weeks and last week y doctor prescribed me with Citalopram 20mg to take. She advised me it will get worse before it would get better...... My lord it was horrible..

First 2 days brilliant I felt like I was making progress but then the 3rd day I ate pizza and was sick and had a massive panic attack had to call the ambulance out and thought I was literally dying. This then made everything really worse so after that attack the next day I didn't take a tablet couldn't eat or drink anything and I just didn't really hungry and was just lying on the sofa. Day after I thought right get back to fighting this tablet and took a tablet and I felt so horrible in my ringing started to ring, dizziness, weak legs, every time I closed my eyes it felt like my eyes and head were twitching. I decided to stop taking them on Friday all together and spoke to the doctor today and he thinks they were to strong and put me on a old tablet I was on years back which I managed to get off of 3 years ago.

Now I still have slight on and off ringing and when it gets to the evening I had a really bad headache and tension all over my head and was wondering how long does it usually take to recover from the withdrawal because I didn't take a lot but because the dose was strong for my body I'm still suffering a little bit

Any help on this would be brilliant!!!

Thanks

Matt

Aejh91
14-08-17, 21:33
Im not sure you would get withdrawal after 3 days but im not entirely sure?
I do know anxiety can cause nearly all of what you are experiencing, so you may be thinking it is withdrawal when really it is anxiety symptoms? They can be sneaky!
Youll be absolutely fine and itll all subside when you take your new medication. Say to yourself itll pass and its anxiety playing tricks on you.
Good luck :)

---------- Post added at 21:33 ---------- Previous post was at 21:32 ----------

My anxiety causes headaches, ringing and ears and a sensation my head is full of so many thoughts i cant focus and that it will be explode! I think maybe your experience has caused a big anxiety episode and your almost over thinking it all...I am guilty for doing this with medication!