PDA

View Full Version : Raw pork and chemical exposure please help

LavenderRain
15-08-17, 00:21
I bought some bacon at the store a few days ago and it was in my fridge for a while. Yesterday I made some as part of a breakfast and it went fine. I froze what was left of the bacon afterwards and then before bed I decided I would make what was left of it in the morning so I put it back in the fridge to thaw it out. This morning I made more bacon and I had some trouble getting certain parts of it as cooked as others. My husband said that he wasn't even willing to eat certain bits of it because it looked underdone but we ate the crispier parts. I also never eat the fatty parts of the bacon ever. It's been a few hours and my husband has started complaining of stomach pains and saying that he keeps throwing up in his mouth and he's worried we are gonna get parasites from raw pork and now my stomach is all queasy too. I read up on it (because I never learn) and apparently within a week of eating raw pork parasitic worms will invade your muscles and brain and kill you. I'm actually hysterical.

We also had a mishap yesterday in which my husband accidentally made chlorine gas while he was trying to clean our bathtub. We aired out our whole apartment and washed it all away, I called poison control for advice, and I ended up going to the hospital and they flushed out my system with fluids. They said my apartment should be safe and I was here all last night and all of today and I slept here and everything and I'm not dead yet but I'm still paranoid that it could also be remnants of the gas that are causing us stomach problems. I'm just flipping out thinking we are both going to die. Also I have cats and some reptiles and they are alive and seem fine.

MyNameIsTerry
15-08-17, 04:57
Were you having chest pain & breathing problems from the gas?

If they only "thought" your apartment was safe there is no way they would be not telling you to call someone to deal with a highly toxic form of gas. It's most likely in such low levels that it's not a cause for concern.

Raw pork or not slightly cooked enough pork? Surely you didn't eat raw meat? It would taste awful for a start.

LavenderRain
19-08-17, 01:58
I was having breathing problems because of the gas. But I am also just extremely intolerant to bleach so it may have just been that. I've been in my house for a few days now and even taken a bath in the tub and everyone here seems fine. I have been having extremely excessive unquenchable thirst since the day of the bacon incident though, as well as nausea and really bad fatigue. So I'm worried it could be the effects of the gas or maybe parasites from the bacon. Like I said, the bacon was cooked, just slightly raw looking in some parts, which I avoided. I also had frozen it beforehand. And as for my symptoms, I know that they can be a sign of diabetes but I know I am not diabetic unless it came on very suddenly, because I just had my blood checked for it about a month ago. I also find that chewing gum or sucking on lollipops helps with the thirst.