PDA

View Full Version : Numbness in big toe

BrokenAge
15-08-17, 01:43
Hi, I've had health anxiety about becoming a diabetic since I gained a lot of weight this past year. I've had boughts of worrying about it but the symptoms always go away when my anxiety fades. I just recently noticed my big toe and the toe besides it on my right foot are slightly numb. When I touch them there's feeling but not as much as my other toes. The numbness is only on the front side of my two toes. On the bottom they feel normal so its weird. Before the numbness I noticed that when I curled my toe up I'd feel a slight amount of pain. I suspected it be from stunning my toe at work a lot. Well the pain went away and now I noticed the numbness. I try to think logically but all I can think of his having diabetes at age 18 and my life being over. My capillaries on my toes are fine and I also cut my toe open at work really bad. I put a band aid on it healed up nicely within about 3 days so I'm trying to reassure myself that it's nothing but that's pretty hard to do. Anyone have a knowledge on type 2 diabetes that can either reassure me or give me a reason to go to the doctors.

MyNameIsTerry
15-08-17, 02:15
How about your shoes? Or how you walk?

I do a fair bit of walking and get bruising coming up in certain places.

BrokenAge
15-08-17, 03:06
I wear steel toe boots and they just rub the sides of my toes a bit but nothing bad since my toes are covered in calluses.

MyNameIsTerry
15-08-17, 04:27
Could they be knocking against the steel toecaps? Mine tend to be worse on one side because of how I walk.

BrokenAge
16-08-17, 03:26
I don't think so because the numbness was there before I got the boots but I didn't notice the numbness until I started working more. Usually after an 8 hour shift I notice both of my feet are sore a hell.