PDA

View Full Version : Increasing meds

lisabaxt
15-08-17, 07:27
Hi all
I have GAD that is usually well managed by meds. Over the years i have been on various meds as it seems about 3/4 years in they stop being effective - does anyone else have this issue? -
I feel like i am coming to a 'episode' - the last 3 months have become progressively worse and i know the order of events well enough to know I need to get control.
I am going to see the dr tomorrow - but would prefer to up my meds rather than change them - I am on 112.5 Venlaflaxine - which i don't think is a massive dose?
anyone else had to up their meds so far in?
thanks xxxx

braindead
15-08-17, 09:44
Hi all
I have GAD that is usually well managed by meds. Over the years i have been on various meds as it seems about 3/4 years in they stop being effective - does anyone else have this issue? -
I feel like i am coming to a 'episode' - the last 3 months have become progressively worse and i know the order of events well enough to know I need to get control.
I am going to see the dr tomorrow - but would prefer to up my meds rather than change them - I am on 112.5 Venlaflaxine - which i don't think is a massive dose?
anyone else had to up their meds so far in?
thanks xxxx

150mg is a normal dose , many are on 300mg and more, you dose is not the therapeutic dose 150 mg is that. ask to try 150mg venlafaxine tend to last a lot longer than ssri meds plus its a swine to detox

diamondgeezer65
16-08-17, 14:07
Yes I was on sertraline for a few years then it stopped working. Now on venflaxine started out at 75mg and over the course of 6 months was upped to 225mg.