PDA

View Full Version : Pregablin - feel like a Zombie

CJN
15-08-17, 12:25
I have just started pregablin and feel really rubbish, it was a struggle to get this medication prescribed so I was really pleased and hopeful when it was approved. I've had start up side effects with most medication I've taken but this really is something else.
I had a weird episode in the night, body convulsing like a fit, I've never experienced this before and feeling very confused as to what's going on. Today I am uncoordinated and feel so groggy.
Unsure if I should quit now or keep going, if this medication doesn't suit I'm worried I'm out of options :(

Anxiety7
15-08-17, 13:04
Are you taking it for anxiety?

What strength are you on?

I started 3 days ago and I am on 25mg. I should be on 50mg starting but I wanted to start off slowly

CJN
15-08-17, 13:50
Yes 50mg three times a day for anxiety. Increase after 2 weeks. How are you finding it?

Thanks for the reply

Anxiety7
15-08-17, 14:47
Oh wow your on 150mg that would be a nice level to be at as I heard you need high doses with this drug to get benefit.

I'm a few days off another drug called lexapro so once that is fully out of my system I'll start noticing the Lyrica I hope. I think maybe 25mg is very low for me so when I see my doctor in October I say he will up the dose to over 100mg. I have xanax also incase I need them in the meantime thankfully

I reckon for you, battle through the side affects because it can take 2 weeks to 1 month for these type of drugs to start working in the body

hanshan
16-08-17, 01:51
Hi CJN - I agree with Anxiety7 to battle through the start-up side effects. People with anxiety often get a surge of anxiety when taking a new medication, particularly if they are sensitive to new medications, as you say you are. The anxiety and the start-up side-effect seem to multiply each other.

The good news is that your start-up anxiety should start to go down after a day or two as you get used to the new med. You will still have some start-up side effects, but with pregabalin these are usually quite tolerable and go after a week or so. Hopefully you will start noticing some benefits soon to make it all worthwhile. Good luck.