PDA

View Full Version : Feeling horrible today

Aleman200
15-08-17, 17:54
So i'm in my 15th day of Citalopram 10mg to control my HA and i'm not sure if it's the side effects or not. I've thrown up twice this morning with nothing but what i can only describe as liquid (Bile?) coming up, then sat there shaking. I've had diarrhea all day that's turned even more watery. I've just come back from a festival where i ended up at the local a&e because i'm scared of the pulsing in my stomach. The very nice doctors and nurses said my ECG was spot on perfect, my bloods were normal and they even threw in a d-dimer to check for clots which was negative, they did a chest x-ray to check for collapsed lung too. I'm having a really hard time believing the pulsing in my stomach and the chest pain combined with bloating and now vomiting/diarrhea are all down to anxiety. I'm meant to see my GP tomorrow about a dose increase of the Citalopram but i also have to return to work so i'm terrified i'm still going to be feeling shit tonight and won't be able to sleep. :(

---------- Post added at 17:54 ---------- Previous post was at 15:59 ----------

Anyone? Really struggling today. :(

elysemarie123
15-08-17, 18:20
Hi Aleman - trust your doctors! The tests they did would definitely find something if you had one of these conditions. All of the symptoms you describe sound like anxiety.

For example, every time I have a panic attack I have to run to the bathroom. I shake uncontrollably and get extremely nauseous. When you have a panic attack, your body releases adrenaline to help fight the threat which causes your body to do amazing things. I've read so many stories about people who have gut issues because the adrenaline messes with your stomach.

Put your trust in your doctors as they are the only ones who truly know. Maybe go out for a walk or do something to take your mind off of it and see if you start feeling better.

Or play with that cute puppy in your profile picture!

ScaredLizard
15-08-17, 18:32
I'm so sorry you are feeling sick!! I totally understand the worries with getting sick. I'd trust your doctor and try and distract yourself!

cattia
15-08-17, 18:34
I'd be willing to bet that this is connected to you returning to work tomorrow and you are feeling anxious about it. These do sound like classic anxiety symptoms and I'm sure that if there was anything serious then it would definitely have shown up on the tests. Try not to put too much pressure on yourself. If you don't sleep well tonight you might feel rubbish tomorrow but it won't stop you from getting through the day.

Aleman200
15-08-17, 19:03
Thank you everyone for your kind words, I tried having a warm shower and a walk and I still feel horrendously bloated. I wonder if I caught a bug or something. Does anyone else feel bloated all day and have watery bms when anxious?

cattia
15-08-17, 19:08
Yes definitely, and I get nauseous too. Our bowels are unfortunately very sensitive to anxiety! It's all connected to the stress response from the nervous system.

Aleman200
15-08-17, 19:12
Unfortunately it seems so. Hopefully it'll calm down tonight and give me a much needed break. I'll try some paracetamol.

Pea Tear Griffin
15-08-17, 20:42
I hope you feel better soon Aleman200 :)

Aleman200
15-08-17, 21:02
Thank you man. I'm a bit scared to sleep in case I have heart failure. As stupid as it sounds because I've been having constantly sore chest. Though 3 ecgs and blood tests would find anything amiss right?