PDA

View Full Version : Lumps - freaking out!

Funky_Fairy
15-08-17, 23:28
I'm freaking out and feel sick I've just found a load of small moveable lumps all over my body just under the skin. I've done a google and from what I can tell they are deposits of fat. However I'm freaking out and have gone to my default of the big C. Can someone please put my mind at ease? Does anyone else have these? What do yours feel like? They are mostly on my hips and underside of my thighs. I have a dr appointment but not until the 29th. TIA

melfish
15-08-17, 23:35
I just checked and I don't seem to have them. Do they hurt? How big are they?

palspals
16-08-17, 01:14
I have these near my hips and even with HA, I don't worry about them tbh. Go to the doctors but I'm sure she'll tell you that they're just little fat deposits. You have to actively feel around to discover them, right? Something the doc told me and the guy who gave me a CT scan, when I had a lymph node scare, is that for the most part, cancer (with respect to lumps) is pretty obvious. It doesn't need to be, 'discovered', it's appears and oftentimes grows noticeably. So don't think the worst. And don't goggle.

---------- Post added at 10:14 ---------- Previous post was at 10:11 ----------

Also, cancer usually isn't really moveable from what I hear- it's fixed in place. At least, that's what I took away from my readings on lymphoma.

Funky_Fairy
16-08-17, 06:26
I have these near my hips and even with HA, I don't worry about them tbh. Go to the doctors but I'm sure she'll tell you that they're just little fat deposits. You have to actively feel around to discover them, right? Something the doc told me and the guy who gave me a CT scan, when I had a lymph node scare, is that for the most part, cancer (with respect to lumps) is pretty obvious. It doesn't need to be, 'discovered', it's appears and oftentimes grows noticeably. So don't think the worst. And don't goggle.

---------- Post added at 10:14 ---------- Previous post was at 10:11 ----------

Also, cancer usually isn't really moveable from what I hear- it's fixed in place. At least, that's what I took away from my readings on lymphoma.

Thank you, yes I need to feel around to find them. They kidnof feel like marbles that can be moved round. Ended up getting into a panic cycle, hubby had to calm me down. Going to ban google and try not to think about them until the dr appointment. I'm worse at the moment as we just my father in law so that's all on my mind too.