PDA

View Full Version : Weaning off pregabalin

Mugs
16-08-17, 00:17
Hi
I have been on pregabalin for about 18 months. I have never felt that it has helped my anxiety, so now I'm on other drugs which do help me.
I am weaning off pregabalin and am feeling very down, not my usual anxiety.
Has anybody had experience weaning off of it?
I am down to 25 mgs twice per day.
Please help if you can.
Mugs

hanshan
16-08-17, 02:03
Hi Mugs - Sorry to hear that you are feeling down. Hopefully you have found meds that can deal with your anxiety. If you are down to 25 mg of pregabalin twice a day, that is quite a low dose. However, many people find cutting out the final dose of a med that they are tapering down quite difficult, so I would say to just take it easy and not push yourself, just go down at your own pace. Good luck and hope you are feeling better soon.

Mugs
16-08-17, 02:31
Thank you hanshan.
Mugs

KK77
16-08-17, 03:01
Not sure if you can go lower than 25mg but you might want to consider taking it once a day as you can't cut capsules in half like tablets. But as Hanshan says, take it at your own pace - you are going about this the right way. Many GPs tell their patients to just stop taking it at much higher doses :lac:

Mugs
16-08-17, 06:48
Thank you KK77
I am scheduled to decrease to 1-25 mg capsule at the end of this week. I'm going to try my best to get to that point and then I will take 25 mg a day for about 4 or 5 days. I just pray I can get off it without any more increase in anxiety/depression.
Thanks for your help.:)
Mugs

dondi
16-08-17, 10:06
Hi Mugs

I sent you a pm before I read this thread. Just want to say that our situations are very similar.

dondi

Mugs
19-08-17, 23:14
Well I'm down to 25 mgs a day now and due to stop on Wed.
I have anxious thoughts and trembling hands, I hope it's all over soon.
Thank you.
Mugs

KK77
19-08-17, 23:21
Well done Mugs - sure it will settle down soon. You might find taking a multivitamin high in Vit B will help symptoms. Or just Vit B Complex.

Keep us posted.

Mugs
08-10-17, 01:37
I had to stay on 50 mgs for a bit longer. I am now going down to 25 mgs and hope to be off in a week.
I just finished my Clonazapam taper, I just want off these 2 drugs.
I will stay on Trazodone and Clomipramine and hope that's all I need.

Dunkelheinburger
09-10-17, 05:34
I'm on 100 trying to get off but in no hurry to do so. I got down to 50 before and was OK 2 weeks, then came off but got bad anxiety and nausea. My guess is that slight nausea is the only real withdrawal symptom, the others are just us scaring ourselves.