PDA

View Full Version : Advice please.....not coping well

Mivvi5
16-08-17, 10:16
Hi all,
Good morning. I am really struggling with the whole anxiety/panic issue. I try so hard but i cannot cope with the terrible symptoms. The wave of sheer panic, the constant worry, the fear of whats happening and why, what it will end up like etc etc. I am doing distraction, relaxation, breathing, talking and asking for help and tips. I have finally been put back on lorazepam and that in itself is worrying me as i previously had side effects after taking it for ten days that were awful. So i was off it for three or four days and all hell broke loose yesterday. A terrifying day. Anyway, took the meds yesterday and slept well etc. Today i have to wait till 11.30 to take the next dose as its 12 hours between doses. I am bedridden due to severe ME and so am lying here in a bit of a state. I keep getting waves of thoughts, nausea, fear etc. Im constantly catastrophising too. Ive been told anxiety cannot hurt me, let it pass etc. It makes me feel so horrifically ill that my first reaction is to call for help. Whether that be a doctor or sometimes ambulance. This is completely ridiculous BUT at the time its the right thing to do. I feel ashamed afterwards but i need that immediate reassurance and nothing else will do or i will die. I can see no other option at the time. The feeling of imminent dread etc is too strong. I dont get the classic panic attack gasping for breath etc. Its different to that.

Docs are so blase about it all....telling me i have to get through it etc. Ive been referred to the mental health team and they are blocking my care as i cannot get to the local centre for appointments due to being bedridden !!! Can you believe that. So im fighting for help all the time....no one port of call for professional advice and care etc. Shocking. I asked for home care team involvement and that is only on mental health team referral and thats not going to happen. Its so upsetting.

How do you all manage ? Am i the only one like this ? So scared, ill and not coping at all. Any advice would be very much appreciated. Thank you x

Bigboyuk
16-08-17, 10:33
Hi Mivvi Iam sorry to hear this. This is so sad and you are crying out for help and you are being denied care makes me so annoyed to hear stories like this. You have ME there is no doubt about that and yet because you don't keep your appointments(because you carnt) they deny this help?? Is your Gp understanding if he isn't ditch him and get another one, Have you thought of contacting ME support groups for some guidance and support? Other than that speak to your local MP :) Clearly you not are getting the care you rightly deserve. As for going back on a med you only had it for 10 days if you feel it's still causing you problems as your Gp for a different med. Good luck and let us know how you get on :hugs:Cheers

MattZion
16-08-17, 10:44
Hi Mivvi, I have literally just got through the exact same as you have described and I'm still not fully over it. I got given Citalopram and had horrific side effects like being sick, no eating or drinking for days and having to call the ambulance out every other day. I stopped the meds and let my body really rest and watch a load of box sets. I did things that kept me in that tiny happy place we anxiety suffers have until I was able to get a grip and then tackle little things bit by bit. With your GP I had a really terrible GP and I refuse to use him now and say to them get me a different one. If you can't get through the meds take time out talk to a doctor see what alternatives they are. Remember as well we are all on here to help each other. I hope you feel better and you rest up and just relax.

We can do this! We can get our lives back!

Matt

Mivvi5
16-08-17, 10:58
Thank you so much for your replies. It makes me feel i am not alone. X

---------- Post added at 10:58 ---------- Previous post was at 10:58 ----------

Matt, did you go back onto any meds ?

Bigboyuk
16-08-17, 11:01
Thank you so much for your replies. It makes me feel i am not alone. X

---------- Post added at 10:58 ---------- Previous post was at 10:58 ----------

Matt, did you go back onto any meds ?You are welcome :) So what's your next plan of action? Cheers

Mivvi5
16-08-17, 11:03
When i spoke to GP about going back on the lorazepam he said that the fact that it stops my panic means i have to try and tolerate any side effects.

---------- Post added at 11:03 ---------- Previous post was at 11:01 ----------

Well, bigboyuk, i have no idea. I am waiting for a call from my new care co ordinator. The call never comes. Im going to ask for the home care team to be allocated. I deserve that much. I hate ringing the mental health team. They are always so rude and vile.

MattZion
16-08-17, 11:04
I have been given escitalopram which I was on for many years but manage to get off them about 3 years ago, but I want to see how I get on without them.
I feel in a semi normal place at the moment but need to sort out my belly because when I was in the middle of the worst of the tablets I couldn't eat or drink and it has ruined my stomach.

Mivvi5
16-08-17, 11:06
Now im panicking lol....meh !

---------- Post added at 11:06 ---------- Previous post was at 11:05 ----------

Well done getting off the meds. Wish i could be meds free. Good luck with your gut issues x

MattZion
16-08-17, 11:09
please dont panic! it was half my battle because when I was sick off the tablets it triggered a old phobia of sick in my mind. so in my head if I ate I thought I was going to be sick and the cycle would start.

Bigboyuk
16-08-17, 11:12
When i spoke to GP about going back on the lorazepam he said that the fact that it stops my panic means i have to try and tolerate any side effects.

---------- Post added at 11:03 ---------- Previous post was at 11:01 ----------

Well, bigboyuk, i have no idea. I am waiting for a call from my new care co ordinator. The call never comes. Im going to ask for the home care team to be allocated. I deserve that much. I hate ringing the mental health team. They are always so rude and vile. While sometimes you have to wait for the meds to settle it's a Gp's duty of care to help so if the meds after a reasonable amount of time are still causing problems then alternatives should be looked in to. Of course you do it the least that should be done for you. I am hearing right the mental health time are 'always' so rude and vile this is terrible no one should be talked to like that. Raise a immediate complaint this is disgusting sorry if it was me I would be straight on the phone. Cheers

Mivvi5
16-08-17, 11:45
Thanks Matt and bigboyuk.

Bigboyuk
16-08-17, 11:48
Thanks Matt and bigboyuk.:)