PDA

View Full Version : 4 yr old gets nauseous and pale

maltahypo
16-08-17, 12:55
Hi guys,

My almost four yr old daughter has had 4 instances in the last 8 months where she gets nauseous and pale and feels like she wants to rest. 2 times she vomited. Already a doctor saw her but today it happened again for the 4 that time. Last time it happened 2 months ago. She will be pale for about 10 mins and then she is back to her normal self. I am a huge hypo and I am going nuts thinking about all kinds of horrific disease. Has anyone experienced this with their kids please?

Gary A
16-08-17, 13:24
What did the doctor say?

maltahypo
16-08-17, 13:44
Doc was not concerned and I even talked it out with another doc, who said it was nothing too. But my hypochondria kicked in a couple of days ago and I am a mess. My stomach is aching and we are taking her to doc in 2 hrs.

Gary A
16-08-17, 13:57
Doc was not concerned and I even talked it out with another doc, who said it was nothing too. But my hypochondria kicked in a couple of days ago and I am a mess. My stomach is aching and we are taking her to doc in 2 hrs.

Kids that age pick up all manner of bugs and viruses. They can also overdo it with running around and eating too much sweets. If two doctors have ruled that there's nothing sinister at play, then that really should be enough.

It's your child and it's absolutely your right to do with her as you see best, but I would strongly advise that you don't constantly drag her to doctors and put your hypochondria on her shoulders in such ways.

I know this of course isn't your intent, but kids have a great tendency to pick up on these things, so please be careful.

maltahypo
16-08-17, 16:36
Thanks Gary, I am so worried, I am feeling sick! I see what you are saying and agree but I have to take her to doc, can't help it.

---------- Post added at 17:36 ---------- Previous post was at 15:01 ----------

Doc checked daughter thoroughly and he is not concerned, but I am. What shall I do?

cattia
16-08-17, 18:17
My son has the same thing. He is 6, he's never actually been sick but he goes very pale and feels weak for about ten minutes. He has been sent home from school twice in the past year, both times he has quickly recovered and in fact the second time, I sent him back to school. I figured if it was something serious it would be more frequent and long lasting.

maltahypo
16-08-17, 20:36
Thanks cattia.

Gary A
16-08-17, 22:32
Thanks Gary, I am so worried, I am feeling sick! I see what you are saying and agree but I have to take her to doc, can't help it.

---------- Post added at 17:36 ---------- Previous post was at 15:01 ----------

Doc checked daughter thoroughly and he is not concerned, but I am. What shall I do?

Why bother taking her to doctors if you aren't going to believe what they say? You almost sound like you want a doctor to tell you there's something of concern going on here.

What you should do is remind yourself that not one, not two, but now three doctors have all examined your child and told you it's nothing to concern yourself about.

ScaredLizard
17-08-17, 00:54
Sounds like she's just got an anxious stomach. Anxiety can be hereditary and it can cause GI upset. She might be picking up on your worries and it's upsetting her.

Fishmanpa
17-08-17, 05:32
Sounds like she's just got an anxious stomach. Anxiety can be hereditary and it can cause GI upset. She might be picking up on your worries and it's upsetting her.

After reading the post and reviewing the post history, that's my feeling as well. Children are much more perceptive than we give them credit for. I personally experienced that during my divorce. My children were 9 and 6 and my daughter (6) knew something was wrong several months before we eventually separated. One day she asked us "How come you and Mommy don't hug and kiss like other Mommies or Daddies?"
Let me tell you... That was a knife through the heart :weep: We knew things were bad but we thought we were protecting the children. My daughter picked up on the stress and it was affecting her to the point that she felt something was wrong and was compelled enough to verbalize it. I believe that's where her anxiety and depression were born. I also believe that genetics/environmental aspects also played a part because my ex suffered from severe depression and hoarding disorder which unfortunately we're a major catalyst for the dissolution of the marriage.

I don't know if you're in therapy or take meds but perhaps that's something to pursue to help stabilize your reactions to perceived health threats. From what you described and several medical professional's expert opinions, there's nothing wrong at all with your daughter. What's wrong is your mindset because of anxiety. It's like everything would be cool if you drove straight ahead but you make a left at Anxiety Ave. and get lost on some back road ;)

Positive thoughts

tan235
17-08-17, 05:54
My daughter does exactly the same thing and she's 5! In fact, I've had to take her home from school as the teacher rang to say she got awfully pale and thought she was going to vomit. I've been to the doctor about 3 times in the last year, she did some blood tests nad they were fine, they have said that there are lymph nodes in the stomach and when they are sick they are quite sensitive in their gut. So the Dr has said its probably that, I also notice she complains of a sore gut after ice-cream ... I have IBS as well so maybe she does too .... sound similiar?

maltahypo
17-08-17, 08:22
Yes, I was thinking it could be something to do with acid reflux.

I would like to thanks you all for trying to help. It means much to me.