PDA

View Full Version : swallowed teeth stitches

exbenzo
16-08-17, 13:31
Recently I've had bone graft surgery for gum disease, my dentist said there were 2 types of teeth stitches, one that would mix with the tissue and one that would not mix but needed to be removed later. He used the one that needed to be removed a week or so after the procedure.

Recently I didn't feel stitches anymore by tongue like I used to, and I had this suspicion that it might be swallowed somehow. Is this safe? I've read that there are soluble and non-soluble types of stitches, think about this, besides from eating, you could also accidentally swallow it when you're sleeping, right?

*update: I've just contacted my doc and he said it was ok. What a relief. :)

turtleonaleash
19-08-17, 01:22
Hey! How'd the surgery go? :)

exbenzo
19-08-17, 15:44
Hey! How'd the surgery go? :)

Hi, turtleonaleash!

I'm fine now, thanks :)

My surgery took about 2 hours due it was done on my wisdom teeth, so it was kinda hard for the doc to reach it. The thing that really bothered me was in fact not the procedure itself, rather, my benzo flu (I was 4 months benzo free) kicked in and made my limbs felt frozen. At that time I didn't know benzo flu.

I also found out that gum disease is also caused by the lack of vitamin C which is also needed by our heart, hence the connection between the two. As I'm into natural things, I now eat red bell peper alongside my regular huge bowl of green leafy vegetables to provide my vitamin C daily need.

And oh yeah, my bone graft was made from cow bone, said the doc. Now the gum is getting better and better.

Thanks again! :)