PDA

View Full Version : Excessive oily skin?

Moondreams
17-08-17, 13:37
The last couple of weeks, I've felt like my face feels constantly clogged and I can smell a weird smell the majority of the time and it feels like it's on my top lip but I don't know if it is. I can't even describe it but it's like a stale smell, maybe oily but not sure if that's accurate. I cleanse my face every morning and night but it has been quite hot here lately and with the combination of AC being on, I think it's drying my skin out and it's overcompensating. But I've never felt this bad before. My lips also feel really greasy and I have a lingering nausea.

I have white horizontal lines on my nails too so I've managed to convince myself that it's some kind of liver problem. I have been noticeably more depressed the last couple of weeks (more so than I ever have been) so I don't know if that's what's causing all of this or if it's just all combined. If there's a problem that's making me depressed.

Could this be just stress or should I be worried about something else? I'm still eating much the same, despite the nausea so I suppose that's a good sign. I don't know what other symptoms might be prevalent with liver disease.

KK77
17-08-17, 14:00
Mention this to your GP and get some blood tests done to rule out any concerns re your overall health.

If you have oily skin, using a harsh cleanser/soap will dry it out causing sebaceous glands to overcompensate and create excess oil. Use mild soap etc that doesn't completely strip skin of moisture and natural pH level.