PDA

View Full Version : Going round in cycles

unsure_about_this
17-08-17, 14:16
I got my letter to see therapy I am worried I have lung cancer because of my feeling of pains in my shoulder and back. I am 33 and dont smoke but so saw something on daily mail when this person who is 30 who it took 18 months to get it diagonsed (stage 4)

So in the past I thought I had nearly every cancer. I do suffer from health anxiety but also have NF

I just worry every pain, symptoms in the big c, mark as well I am trying my best to not to Google.

---------- Post added at 14:15 ---------- Previous post was at 13:42 ----------

Not coughing up blood. not coughing.

---------- Post added at 14:16 ---------- Previous post was at 14:15 ----------

I dont smoke

ktdid2000
17-08-17, 14:36
Hi there,

I'm 35 and I totally understand what you're going through. I've "had" every cancer under the sun and every time I read another article about someone young getting cancer or being misdiagnosed and later dying or something I literally start freaking out about it and have to go get examined. It's a deadly cycle that only stays if you feed it (googling, worrying about symptoms, going to the doctor for reassurance).

I am no expert about breaking that cycle, but therapy is a great start. I don't think your doctor would send you to therapy if he though something needed to be checked out. I know those stories are scary to read, but they are extraordinarily rare (less than 1 in a million likely) and frankly I think are meant to be informative but also to scare us. It's like cancer is the bogey man.

unsure_about_this
18-08-17, 09:44
started to worried about my cyst again testicles, I been to gp lots of times in the past becuase I been worried I have testicle cancer, had 2 ultrasounds in two years and this where I got told I has cysts last year. testicles feel smooth, no bleeding, no discharge etc