PDA

View Full Version : has anyone else had a sinus infection headache before?

amy357
17-08-17, 18:58
the past week has been really stressful because I have been convinced I have a brain tumour.

I've had a right sided headache on my forehead, and just generally weak and dizzy. However I'm trying to think of things other than the worst and I read about a sinus headache. It said some symptoms are headache (I have a headache) , warm to touch (I remember my right cheek felt warm before) runny nose (not a runny nose, but I have been sneezing) jaw pain ( I had right side jaw pain).

Has anyone had this type of headache before, and does this sound like it?
Also, I noticed light makes my headache worse and my right eye pupil is bigger in dim light but does react to light.

My headache is right side only and around my eyebrow, also I sometimes have pain down my cheek and around my nose.

Thanks if you reply :)

ScaredLizard
17-08-17, 19:09
Sounds like allergies and a sinus infection or sinus irritation at least! I get these regularly. One of the best things? Take a hot shower and massage that area while in the steam and hot water. It will help work out any gunk that's in your sinuses and let them drain.

ServerError
17-08-17, 19:48
Headaches can be caused by so many things. It's one of the most common human ailments of all. The problem here is that you've decided to try to figure out what headache you have in the hope of getting some reassurance. I can't think of many times when this kind of behaviour has delivered any longlasting reassurance. It's usually temporary.

You'll probably never know what sort of headache you have. We can speculate, and someone's bound to get it right, but if you're prone to anxiety, it would be better to tackle that issue, would it not? I mean, I hate the idea of analysing every headache I ever get to figure out what it might be. I woke up with a pounding headache this morning, but all I did was take some paracetamol and get on with my day. This should be your aim.

amy357
21-08-17, 06:54
Sounds like allergies and a sinus infection or sinus irritation at least! I get these regularly. One of the best things? Take a hot shower and massage that area while in the steam and hot water. It will help work out any gunk that's in your sinuses and let them drain.

I tried doing this in the shower the day you posted this and I woke up the next day without a headache! however I can still feel it a little now, a few days later, so I'll do it every day in the shower. thanks for the help and hoping it is just a sinus problem!

Cece6
21-08-17, 11:39
I get sinus related headaches A LOT! I use a little spray to keep my sinuses clear and clean. It's not a decongestant, it's not good to over-use those. It's just a natural seawater spray and it helps me.

Cusper
21-08-17, 21:17
I was in the same boat as you in January. I had never had a sinus infection before and yes I was convinced it was something more sinister. I had eye brow, eyes, cheek, ear, teeth and partial jaw pain with a runny nose, or even a dry nose and lost my smell for about a week which really really freaked me out. I must have had that sinus infection for over 2 months!!!!! I don't know if I posted on here but I was definitely checking out past posts because I was terrified. Sinus infections can really take some time to clear up. Some people swear by netti pots. you can google them. I tried stuff like that too. You could just have allergies as well that produce similar symptoms.

Fishmanpa
21-08-17, 21:23
Actually, I would say that sinus related headaches are some of the most common. As far as an infection? A doctor would determine that but yes, sinus issues that involve a sinus infection again, are some of the most common headaches out there.

Positive thoughts

Bittersweet05
21-08-17, 23:52
Sounds like allergies and or migraine. I have them so often. I found to i have cluster headaches I get in my sleep. I find if i taken a tension headache tablet it goes away.

---------- Post added at 18:52 ---------- Previous post was at 18:51 ----------

Netti pods work great.

Thelegend27
22-08-17, 06:29
i had 2 sinus infection combined with a severe sore throat earlier this year and yes my head felt hollow, i felt a little off balance, headaches, and i even sucked a huge glob of boody mucus from my sinuses it was gross and it looked like an alien lol. but yeah itll clear up.