PDA

View Full Version : Lyrica works...but doped up :)

Jakemje
17-08-17, 23:58
Just started lyrica, 50mg x 3 a day, and have noticed a good decrease in anxiety already. But.... I feel stoned and could sleep all day.

I know it's a normal side effect, but anyone with info on how long and how did it go away for you? (As in just eased up over time or woke up one day with it gone)

Thank you for any replies

hanshan
18-08-17, 01:03
Hi Jakemje - It's good to hear that pregabalin is already having an effect on your anxiety. For me, I didn't feel mentally foggy or sleepy, but other side-effects (dry mouth, less coordination) gradually faded over several weeks. For most people who have sleepiness or fogginess, it goes within a week or so. There is also the 'temporary euphoria' effect, which only lasts a day or so, so there may be some ups and downs ahead. Good luck with pregabalin.

Jakemje
18-08-17, 01:06
Thank you for the reply. It's a drunkish feeling.... But it's funny, as in most normal people would want this feeling, where as us with anxiety are scared of it

hanshan
18-08-17, 01:41
Hi Jakemje - It should pass soon. Some doctors start people off on lower doses to try to avoid start-up side-effects. If it's bothering you, you could try a lower dose (50 mg x 2 daily) for a few days to see if that helps.

Jakemje
18-08-17, 02:21
As long as it's normal and will pass, I would rather stay at this dose and go ahead and get it over with. I've been under such a bad bout of anxiety/panic I'm willing to push through

hanshan
18-08-17, 03:13
Good luck!

CJN
18-08-17, 14:18
I have started pregablin this week. I was prescribed the same dose as you but found the start up symptoms too much so they've lowered my dose to get me started gradually, I've had no side effects from the lower dose. On the higher dose I was dizzy, groggy and unbalanced.

Keep us posted how you get on please. I'm hoping this med will work for us both :)

Anxiety7
21-08-17, 15:36
Hi y'all

Okay I'm in a dilemma. I am currently on lexapro and I also have Lyrica if lexapro doesn't work for me.

So lexapro I started at 10mg and it was brilliant. However no sex drive :(
I am all the way down to 2.5mg to see if these side affects are manageable :)
If not I want to start Lyrica

Now I only have 25mg per day of Lyrica as the doctor won't see me until October
I don't know what to do as my libido is important as I am in a new relationship

Help me please people who know about Lyrica and maybe lexapro too

Phill2
22-08-17, 05:43
Hi y'all

Okay I'm in a dilemma. I am currently on lexapro and I also have Lyrica if lexapro doesn't work for me.

So lexapro I started at 10mg and it was brilliant. However no sex drive :(
I am all the way down to 2.5mg to see if these side affects are manageable :)
If not I want to start Lyrica

Now I only have 25mg per day of Lyrica as the doctor won't see me until October
I don't know what to do as my libido is important as I am in a new relationship

Help me please people who know about Lyrica and maybe lexapro too

Lexapro is great but does kill the libido.
Unfortunately most AD's do the same.