PDA

View Full Version : Plate bacteria?

tillyyyyy
18-08-17, 00:08
I microwaved some food In a bowl area, and covered it with a plate to make sure it didn't explode over the microwave when it bubbled. When I got it out of the microwave the plate had got a crazy paving affect with brown liquid oozing out. I heard this is because of bacteria in the cracks of the plate. I ate all the food anyway bc I was so hungry but now I'm so worried the bacteria may have gotten into my food - is it likely to have been aerolized or something to make me sick? (Edit: the plate says microwave safe)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nomorepanic
18-08-17, 00:25
Surely it is just the food splattering on to the plate?

tillyyyyy
18-08-17, 00:35
Surely it is just the food splattering on to the plate?

I thought the same at first, but it's in a distinct fracked pattern and on the top and bottom of the plate.

Fishmanpa
18-08-17, 01:10
99.99 of the population wouldn't perceive what you described as a health threat in any way. Your posts definitely carry a food theme. What is it about food born maladies jack you up like this?

Positive thoughts

tillyyyyy
18-08-17, 01:21
99.99 of the population wouldn't perceive what you described as a health threat in any way. Your posts definitely carry a food theme. What is it about food born maladies jack you up like this?

Positive thoughts

I'm emetophobic - extreme phobia of vomit!

Fishmanpa
18-08-17, 01:55
I'm emetophobic - extreme phobia of vomit!

Ahh Ok.. makes sense. I hope you find some relief.

Positive thoughts