PDA

View Full Version : Please answer, just looking for some help and advice!

ross201
18-08-17, 02:47
Sponsored Links

Hi everyone,

My health anxiety has sky rocketed the last few months,
It all started with dizziness and headaches and an overall malaise. I have went to the doctor many times, and gotten CT scans, an MRI, multiple bloodwork, and everything has came back normal except for the creatinine levels on one of my blood tests and then my lymphocytes were just at the high end of normal values. This still makes me nervous considering me I have terrible anxiety and my dad had lymphoma. Other symptoms include weight gain and a stiff neck and sometimes my heart will beat very fast(probably due to anxiety)

Now after a few weeks have passed without any symptoms, my lymph nodes have started to swell lately. Even hurting on occasions. I am a pretty heavy drinker(although trying to cut back or stop) and also got prescribed ativan for anxiety/insomnia about a week ago (Been taking regularly). However, I go on to google and scare myself into thinking I have something wrong with me almost every night and I can not help myself. I don't know if I actually feel like this or if it is just my anxiety making my body react to like I would actually have it. I have also had a small lump on the left side of my neck for about a year or so now. I had an ultrasound of my neck a little over a year ago because of an enlarged node however they did not find anything. I showed my doctor this and he said it could possibly be a lipoma and that if it gets any bigger we can have it looked at or taken out. Again I feel like it is getting bigger but dont know if that is true or just my anxiety

First blood test showed an absolute lymphocyte count of 3100 and the second of 3400 (while my AG ratio and creatinine were back to normal). Both times my doctor said this still isnt necessarily "high", is this true??
Could I have had just been going through a virus or something?
And if this was something serious would my blood work have been off or showed??

Like I said my health anxiety is out of control lately, just looking for some help.

damianjmcgrath
18-08-17, 07:32
No one here is a qualified doctor (or at least, can't really offer medical advice without seeing you!). But from your post, it sounds like all the medical professionals you've seen agree that nothing is wrong, or at least nothing is immediately concerning.

The chances of them missing something is relatively low. If they do miss something, then being blunt, there's not a lot you can do. Just accept it. If they haven't missed something, then you're fine.

What have you tried for anxiety? It sounds like if you can get on top of that, any symptoms left will be the ones you need to focus on.

ross201
18-08-17, 07:43
I just got prescribed ativan last week for my anxiety so I am thinking that may be what is making my lymph nodes swell up a little bit because I have been taking that and truth be told, I dont drink as much water as I should

Thanks for the reply!

ServerError
18-08-17, 07:47
Ativan alone is not necessarily enough to really get you on the right track because it can only be taken for a relatively short period of time. Have you been offered an SSRI and any therapy?

ross201
18-08-17, 07:49
I am looking into some form of therapy, however I have heard some relatively bad things about SSRIs so I have really tried to stay away from those

hanshan
18-08-17, 08:15
Have you been honest with your doctor about the alcohol? It's a form of self medication for the anxiety, but if you've been trying to cut back then you know it's not going to work out in the long run. If you can work on that with the help of your doctor, it might be a good place to start. Good luck.

ross201
18-08-17, 08:36
Yeah my doctor knows about my drinking habits but what do you mean is not going to work out in long run??

---------- Post added at 01:36 ---------- Previous post was at 01:34 ----------

Oh nevermind I understand now but yes I do realize this which is why I am trying to stop. Nothing good comes from it

Midnight-mouse
18-08-17, 09:23
It sounds a lot like you have fixated on this and the checking on the internet is quite obsessive behaviour, I know because I do it too. It's a damn hard habit to break, but possible.

You have been physically cleared, I would trust in the medical professionals that they know what they are doing. I too have a lump on the back of my neck that I was convinced was the 'big C' but upon further investigation by my doctor it's just a cyst that's likely been there a long time and isn't hurting anyone, things happen to the body but they are very rarely something terrible, even if anxiety is very quick to convince us otherwise.

I think the best course of action would be to seek more help on the mental health side of things to help get these sorts of thoughts under control a little and make living day by day a lot more pleasant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk