PDA

View Full Version : Lymphocyte Count, please Read!!

ross201
18-08-17, 04:38
Is a 3100 or 3400 lymphocyte count high? Even though I have a normal WBC
Should I be concerned about this when it comes to lymphoma? Lymph nodes kinda hurt. Don't know if it is real or just anxiety getting to me. Thank you for reading, please answer!

Becazican
20-08-17, 04:28
You are most likely fighting a viral infection.

Nac6
20-08-17, 15:59
You are most likely fighting a viral infection.
That's right. When our bodies are fighting some kind of virus the lymph count goes up, while other white cells can go a little down. Lymphoma doesn't will show in a CBC, if you have a high lymph count doesn't mean you may have lymphoma, there need to exist other indicators or red flags to go for further investigation but it seems that it isn't your case. You're okay.

ross201
20-08-17, 22:06
That's right. When our bodies are fighting some kind of virus the lymph count goes up, while other white cells can go a little down. Lymphoma doesn't will show in a CBC, if you have a high lymph count doesn't mean you may have lymphoma, there need to exist other indicators or red flags to go for further investigation but it seems that it isn't your case. You're okay.

Hey are you saying lymphoma will or doesn't show in a CBC? Everything else was normal, if there was a problem would a CBC more than likely show it?

Nac6
20-08-17, 23:49
Hey are you saying lymphoma will or doesn't show in a CBC? Everything else was normal, if there was a problem would a CBC more than likely show it?
The ONLY way you can diagnose lymphoma it's with a biopsy of the suspicious tissue (of a lymph node, mass, bone marrow, etc). Lymphoma cannot be diagnosed with only a CBC, but what I've tried to tell you was that most people that's diagnosed with some kind of lymphoma doesn't have high lymph counts, high wbc or anything. They also frequently have more symptoms like night sweats, constant fever, itchiness and so on. I've only heard of people being diagnosed with leukemia with high counts of white cells or very low platelets in their CBC, but in that case the count it's EXTREMELY high and every lab or doctor will notice it and will alert you. You don't have any kind of blood cancer, calm down.

ross201
21-08-17, 03:39
Thanks I really appreciate your reply