PDA

View Full Version : worried about my dizzy spell

unsure_about_this
18-08-17, 13:13
I had a spell for a few minutes today when the room was spinning (felt like I was on a cruise ship) I think I got up to quickly, I am thinking this was either a stroke I was having, diabetes, tumour, brain problems, or cancer or heart attack warning.

I had it a few years ago with my sugar level was low, but it lasted a few minutes.

I think I should go to the GP as I could be serious.

Fishmanpa
18-08-17, 13:16
I had a spell for a few minutes today when the room was spinning (felt like I was on a cruise ship) I think I got up to quickly

Orthostatic Hypotension.

Positive thoughts

unsure_about_this
18-08-17, 14:55
Orthostatic Hypotension.

Positive thoughts

Thanks I google this. so once does not mean I have to see the GP about my blood pressure, my blood pressure is spot on, however watching the team I support it should be quite high, stressful times but would not swap the red side of the city.

---------- Post added at 14:55 ---------- Previous post was at 13:22 ----------

Do I need to see the GP or go into hospital about my dizzy spell as I am worried.

Fishmanpa
18-08-17, 15:01
Thanks I google this. so once does not mean I have to see the GP about my blood pressure, my blood pressure is spot on, however watching the team I support it should be quite high, stressful times but would not swap the red side of the city.

---------- Post added at 14:55 ---------- Previous post was at 13:22 ----------

Do I need to see the GP or go into hospital about my dizzy spell as I am worried.

If you're here asking and waiting for replies than no, you don't need to go IMO.

Positive thoughts

unsure_about_this
18-08-17, 18:25
Thanks but I am still scared why it happened, i picked up my ps4 control pad from the floor this morning, I am scared it is something bad I got. I glad I was upstairs when it happened and not going down the stairs as I would have fallen. I am scared omsehing wrong with my brain even though I had a scan due to my NF early this year and when it happened before two years ago I have had a scan after this due to my NF, why does it happen, should I be worried

---------- Post added at 18:25 ---------- Previous post was at 17:46 ----------

Also worried why my legs hurt and arm hurt, whether this is my head because I been googling about the above, I am stll scared as it happened a few years ago and tody, must stop bending down and rushing, why did I ringing yesterday

WiredIncorrectly
18-08-17, 19:54
Please note nobody on this forum is a doctor and no doctor can provide a diagnosis without being seen. If you are worried about your health, speak to your doctor. That's what they're for :)

If I had such a dizzy spell I would speak to my doctor, just to make sure it's nothing. Then I can put my mind to rest.

With that said I've had dizzy spells but they were due to alcohol, or cannabis. If my blood sugar drops it can make me feel odd. But once I eat I'm fine.

swajj
19-08-17, 02:33
You ended up on an a health anxiety board for a reason. So I'm guessing it's anxiety

unsure_about_this
19-08-17, 19:47
I not sure how long it lasted for as I did not have my watch, could have been seconds as sometimes my dreams seems to last for hours

nomorepanic
19-08-17, 20:06
Loads of people get dizzy spells all the time and it is nothing serious.

I have had them but don't worry about them because it is just something that happens.

It does not mean anything serious is wrong at all.

MrGinger
19-08-17, 20:42
Dizziness is very common and usually benign.

Anxiety alone can cause it, it can be a perceived symptom (meaning you think you are dizzy and therefore you feel as if you are), tight neck muscles, ear pressure problems and even just moving so fast your brain hasn't caught up yet.

Try not to worry too much :)

unsure_about_this
19-08-17, 21:29
Has not happened today. but have wrote it down, if it happens more and more I will pop to the GP.

Thanks everyone for your comments, I tend to move fast I do suffer from anxiety I am nervous about going to the dentist again in September

MrGinger
19-08-17, 21:33
Has not happened today. but have wrote it down, if it happens more and more I will pop to the GP.

Thanks everyone for your comments, I tend to move fast I do suffer from anxiety I am nervous about going to the dentist again in September

When I am anxious I tend to move quickly, combine that with the fact that I am tense and BAM! You have dizzy spells.