PDA

View Full Version : double vision getting worse

lef93
18-08-17, 16:51
Hi,
2 years ago I started getting mild horizontal double vision in my left eye when I look sideways. I have a slightly lazy eye (my left eye) so I assumed this could be why, the vision there is a little weaker and when I move my eye I can almost feel it wanting to move back to its position, so I suspected that's why.

Fast forward to now and I have an eye check up tomorrow, the double vision got worse and can happen at a distance and close up, what made me worry more however, is that I have now found it in my better eye too! So ultimately I now have double vision in both eyes. My vision has definitely got worse but not massively, so I am at a loss as to why this has happened.

I am suspecting a few things, maybe my lazy eye issue (sometimes people can't tell which one is lazy)I also sometimes have trouble with depth perception, I can wake up and feel my eyes crossing trying to work out the distance of the wall. Maybe even dry eye as I have severe allergies and quite regularly wake up with a red eye, and I have noticed my eyes don't really water a lot anymore. Maybe even eye strain, I spend every day on a laptop so it could be possible.

But I think it is obvious I am slightly concerned about the more serious issues. I have had a lazy eye for years, at least 7 years ago I have seen it in pictures. I had my last eye test 2 years ago and at the time I had just started getting symptoms but (stupidly) decided not to say as they had literally just started and I thought they would go, assumedly this would have shown up if they were bad though. I know I can't be diagnosed here but in regards to any serious neurological issues, 2 years down the line since their appearance wouldn't I be getting more issues than worse double vision?