PDA

View Full Version : Here we go again, brain tumour.

Kez_miller
18-08-17, 18:17
So about 3 weeks ago I started noticing like a reduced feeling on the left side of my cheek. Not numb but it felt like it even though I could still feel touch, pain etc. Then last Saturday I ended up in the emergency room because I had a migraine visual aura that usually last around 30 mins but lasted 3 hours and was just not going away. Eventually it did. Whilst in the emergency room I suggested to the doctor that I had a fear that something was seriously wrong. Maybe a brain tumour and I would like a scan to rule it out. The doctor did the usual tests like "can you feel this" "follow my finger" "push against my hand" and then she looked into the back of my eyes. She said it was just a prolonged migraine and I don't need a scan because it isn't a brain tumour or anything serious.

Well since then I have felt really out of it. Like as if I'm in a dream, still getting the reduced feeling on left side of face but yesterday something happened that scared me, I was sitting on the sofa and all of a sudden, I got this strange, not conventionally painful feeling behind my left eye. It was extremely painful but as I say, not conventionally. The only way I can explain it, is when you go out in super cold snowy weather and you get that ice cold headache, or brain freeze but it was behind my eye and lasted about 1 hour - 1hour 30.

I'm so scared I have a tumour but the doctor won't give me a scan to rule it out. I'm convinced I have one. And it's driving me insane. I have no idea what to do.

---------- Post added at 18:17 ---------- Previous post was at 18:13 ----------

I also forgot to mention I have had a lack of apittite and feeling sick for the last couple of weeks as well.

elysemarie123
18-08-17, 18:34
I get migraines with visual auras and they freak me out so badly. After I get one I'd say it takes me a good week to feel better because of the panic it causes. I also read that migraines can cause a sort of hungover feeling the day after which I most definitely experience, however, I think I draw it out over a week due to my anxiety.

I really think you should trust your doctor. If there was something seriously wrong with you, you would know it. Think about how tense you probably are and how all of the muscles in your face and head are flexed. I'm sure you had some type of a spasm that got much worse because of your anxiety. Brain tumors are not something that you just live with. You would know if you had one -- you wouldn't question it and the headache would NOT go away.

All of the other symptoms you describe (lack of appetite and sick) are from anxiety. When I am in a very bad place it's almost impossible for me to eat.

Try and relax and be grateful that you only have these small brain spasms and headaches and that medicine treats them! Some people aren't so lucky. I had a co-worker who had to take 3 different medications for her migraines and they still wouldn't go away sometimes.

Hope this helps!

emanticoff73
18-08-17, 18:38
I am in the same boat. Scared I have a brain tumor too. Had some new headaches, crawling sensations in my scalp, vice like headaches, dizziness and anxiety. Had an MRI 10 months ago which was normal but scared I have attained a tumor since. Which is crazy but I'm use to crazy by now. Why don't you go to an eye doctor. They can tell a lot. It was give you some ease.

Gary A
18-08-17, 18:49
That sounds like you've suffered either an ocular or retinal migraine.