PDA

View Full Version : Terrified about (possible) pregnancy!

Howanxious
18-08-17, 21:09
Hello everybody, I'm a man, 20 years and I'm going crazy about a possible pregnancy of my current girlfriend. We have sex since almost 18 months ago, mostly one or two times a week. I ALWAYS use condoms and she takes her pills every day and make our best to push out any mistake.
So... Back in May, she had a very short period (lasted only 3/4 days) and the ammount of the discharge was less than her habitual periods. We both freaked out thinking that it could be a spotting/implantation bleeding (an early sign of fecundation, what means that she was pregnant), so she took an urine test eight days after that and it was negative. That gave us a little peace of mind, but we were still very anxious.
As the months passed by, her periods came regularly but with less ammount of discharge and we don't really know what can be causing that change. Between may and august we took three urine test, everyone was absolutely negative, but we have read of womens being pregnant without any detectable level of hCG in her urine or in her blood tests (cryptic pregnancy), so we freaked out a little bit more :unsure:
I have to say that we never noticed any accident (broken condoms, unusual things during sex, forgotten pills, etc) so we don't have any real proof to think that she can be actually pregnant, but any time se is having some tenderness/pain in his breasts, back pain or any mild symptom we start focusing in the pregnancy thing.

What do you think about this? She can be pregnant? I need some advice...

WiredIncorrectly
18-08-17, 21:16
I've read your post. I can't see any evidence to suggest a pregnancy? Tests are negative, she's having regular periods. 99.99% chance she's not pregnant.

My partner has different periods each month. Sometimes she's light, other times she's heavy. It's just the way a woman's body works.

Howanxious
18-08-17, 22:31
I've read your post. I can't see any evidence to suggest a pregnancy? Tests are negative, she's having regular periods. 99.99% chance she's not pregnant.

My partner has different periods each month. Sometimes she's light, other times she's heavy. It's just the way a woman's body works.
Yeah, that's right, but all the anxiety and the stories we heard and read about sorpresive pregnancies don't make any good. We know that sometimes it happens and you don't even know why, but we're very young and don't want to have a children now, we have so much to do before that.

ScaredLizard
19-08-17, 01:34
She's not pregnant. With all those negative tests there's no way at this point. Especially with regular periods. Sometimes women's periods are messed up due to fluctuation in hormones or stress or even not sleeping well.