PDA

View Full Version : Strange symptoms....anxiety?

Tarpa
19-08-17, 11:43
Hi all.
New to this forum. I'm 31y old mum of 2. Non smoker drinker and 70% of eat very well.

Over the last 12 years I have had some horrific family ordeals to deal with, my brother was killed by a drink driver at the age of 17...then most recently my mum dropped me and my sister's to be with her criminal husband (i can't even bring myself to say what he did).

Thrown the in mix a traumatic both delivery 10 months ago and general stress of sorting daughter school for Sept.

Anyway, approx 2 weeks ago I had a really achy abdomen (low down womb area). No other danger signs but I worked myself up and convinced myself something was up. This subsided after a couple of days then I started to experience very mild burning in middle of tummy. By this point I had cut all fizzy drink and caffeine out.

Docs didn't seem to concerened and sent me packing.

Few days later for the first time ever I had acid reflux. It but t my mouth and nose. Horrible!! This majorly panicked me. Googled it day and night and convinced myself I had Gerd and if need medication forever .
As the days went on the acid reflux stopped. I had occasional pains in chest last literally lasted few seconds. I do however have an unpleasant taste in mouth despite drinking water and brushing.
All symptoms other than taste has died down but for some reason I had a small dinner again last night of chicken and veg. 4 hrs before bed and it just felt lodged in my stomach all night. I slept ok but woke at 4.30 worrying as I could still feel it. I went to no 2 around 7am and it all seemed to go...so I had a probitoc drink and some porridge. At 10am I had a piece of toast. All fine...went down ok. But funny taste is still in mouth?!
I'm an anxious about it all. When I sit to eat it's like I start worrying it will flair up reflux or heartburn. I had to distract myself by reading whilst eating my toast earlier. Ive cut all rubbish out of my diet and where I'm worrying I'm probably not eating enough which in turn is making me rather weak.
I just don't know what to make of it all...
All symptoms can be signs of anxiety but also a medical problem..
Has anyone experienced this?
Thanks x

Pea Tear Griffin
19-08-17, 13:23
First off Sorry for your loss I know how it feels and is what triggered my Anxiety.

Nearly all Anxiety suffers have stomach issues because its the most sensitive part of our body to react to stress.

You are 31 Years old so the chances of anything nasty are so low its pretty pointless to worry about it ( I know its hard even i do sometimes )

I think you should see your GP & get the once over & then look at taking care of the anxiety.

Tarpa
19-08-17, 19:55
Thank you for replying. Just noticed I have large red lumps at the very back of my tongue. Rang nhs helpline and they didn't think it was an emergency. I'm guessing this could be from the acid. It's scared the life out of me :(

Pea Tear Griffin
20-08-17, 02:27
Thank you for replying. Just noticed I have large red lumps at the very back of my tongue. Rang nhs helpline and they didn't think it was an emergency. I'm guessing this could be from the acid. It's scared the life out of me :(

I have had those for years they are meant to be there.

Right at the back on each side? around 4 a side :)