PDA

View Full Version : Difficult year (/hello)

Vintagemim
19-08-17, 11:47
Hi everyone, I'm Mim. This is my first post here - guess what, I discovered the forum while googling symptoms of whatever condition I was worried about at the time.

I'm having a difficult year so far. I've always had anxiety and health worries have stressed me out in the past, but last October I was diagnosed with a fibroid which caused me to lose a lot of blood, get anemic, and need a blood transfusion. That in itself wasn't too bad. At the time I was very scared but got through it with medication and the fibroid doesn't affect me so much now.

What it has done is trigger a huge fear of anything health related (as well as a period of depression and anxiety generally). Since then I've cycled through several worries, the weirdest being a very itchy scalp, and the longest being numb and throbbing limbs which I currently still suffer from.

The limbs thing feels scarier, because it's hung round a while and hasn't gone away with treatment (vitamin d tablets and anxiety meds). It was actually really useful seeing the MS thread pinned to this forum, though after reading the thing about vision I woke up with light flashes behind my eyes if you can believe!

I'm quite new to this, but if anyone has any advice on things that have helped loosen health anxiety's grip, that would be great. I will be going back to my doctor about my limbs for peace of mind (and because my last GP was quite rude and offhand with me) and pain meds, but I do understand it is probably anxiety related. I just wish it wasn't so damn painful...

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk