PDA

View Full Version : Hello, i need help

Debs8a
03-06-07, 16:55
Hi Im Debbie and i have suffered from panic attacks since becoming ill with stress almost 3 years ago. My job at the time was horrible and i promptly left but it seems that my tolerance to stress in the workplace has been seriously effected as i do not cope very well anymore. I manage very well through the bad stuff but its when i slow down that the panic attacks come on fast and furious. I have taken Propranalol since January (I kiss the feet of my doctor as it has been a life saver) but i find it holds me back when it comes to exercise etc. Has anyone out there come across ANYTHING that stops panic attacks? I am very open minded. And getting quite desperate now.
Thanks.

honeybee3939
03-06-07, 17:39
Hi Debs

Welcome to NMP, its lovely to see you here, im sure you will get lots of good advice, support and make new friends also.:)

Take a look at the Symptoms, How to Cope and First Step pages also that are sittuated at the left hand side of this page.:)

Panic attacks can be cured Debs its just a matter of learning how deal with them before they happen, im sure the site can help you achieve this.

Hugs
:hugs:
Andrea
xxxx

nomorepanic
03-06-07, 17:49
Hi Debbie and welcome aboard.

Panic can be overcome - mine stopped once I embarked on an exercise and diet regime.

Have a good read of all the info on the website for some great tips and advice.

Southern_Belle
03-06-07, 18:46
Hi Debbie,

Welcome to NMP. You will find alot of information, support and will make many friends here. I think the "cure" may be different for everyone. For me, meds and counseling have helped me overcome many things. Good luck.

Laura :)

Nibbles
03-06-07, 20:42
Hi and :welcome: Debbie,

If you are looking for support and advice you've found the right place. :) We are all different and it's very much a case of trial and error when it comes to medication, therapy etc. It is often suggested that a combination of medication and therapy works best as the meds reduce the symptoms while the therapy retrains your thoughts. That's the theory anyway :sign20: Good luck!

Pink Princess
03-06-07, 21:01
hi and welcome to the site, you will find a lot of good advice and support here and make many friends along the way. hope to talk soon, take kare xxxxxx

manmoor
03-06-07, 21:07
Hi Debbie,

A big warm welcome to you. xx

groovygranny
03-06-07, 23:08
Hi Debbie :welcome:to you!

I have recently found that Bach's Rescue Remedy is a great help in certainly reducing the ferocity of pa's, if not preventing them altogether.

However, I'm sure you'll get a good cross-section of opinions and advice here and will surely find something that helps you.

Pleased to meet you!

:flowers:

SANDYJANE
04-06-07, 08:20
hi and a big warm welcome

love sandy xxx

funky chick
04-06-07, 16:29
Hi and welcome Debbie hope you find this site helpful lots of help and nice people on it take care love Gail xxx:hugs:

Debs8a
25-06-07, 15:37
Thanks for the welcome everyone. xx

lisahogben
25-06-07, 18:55
Hi there,

Am a new girl too, still trying to find an answer to stop the panic attacks too. Am on meds and am trying hynotherapy at the moment, this has worked in the past for me so am hoping it will again. Good Luck :yesyes:
Lisa

Lindalou64
25-06-07, 19:35
hello debbie and welcome.........Linda

trac67
25-06-07, 21:16
Hi,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends

Take care

Trac xxx

nic77
25-06-07, 22:17
Hi Debbie and welcome aboard.

Panic can be overcome - mine stopped once I embarked on an exercise and diet regime.

Have a good read of all the info on the website for some great tips and advice.
i used to exercise alot and it really helped me you get out and meet new people or yoga is good as well very relaxing:D