PDA

View Full Version : Scared I might have cancer

Rabbit26
19-08-17, 21:16
I am a long term worrier of my health. I am currently under investigation and extremely worried based on my GP having told me, when the problem first started, that the worst case scenario could be cancer. I was sent for a colonoscopy and gastroscopy and at the top of both reports that the hospital gave me under the 'indications' it says:

Indications: urgent two week referral - cancer excluded. WHO performance status 1. Microcytic anaemia.

Does anyone know is this means that that I don't have a cancer at all or that only one such as colon or stomach cancer have been excluded?

I ask here as the earliest appointment I have with my GP is next Weds and that gives me 4 more days to get myself worked up about it all :scared10:

Fishmanpa
19-08-17, 22:02
I don't know how else you can interpret "cancer excluded".

Positive thoughts

Rabbit26
19-08-17, 22:07
I think I have a mistrust of doctors as apparently my anaemia was detected in 2015 but nobody said anything about it until May this year because I went in totally exhausted with eyes so painful I could barely sleep. The only thing I had done prior to the endoscopies were two blood tests - can they exclude it just from a blood test?

swajj
20-08-17, 04:34
No they can't. Ask any doctor and they will tell you that blood tests don't always pick up cancer. There may be indicators which prompt doctors to investigate further. However as Fish said what other interpretation can be made of "cancer excluded".

Leah88
20-08-17, 05:43
I don't know how else you can interpret "cancer excluded".

Positive thoughts

This