PDA

View Full Version : Swollen Lymph Node?

thestruggle
19-08-17, 21:37
I posted the other day about finding a lump under my armpit.. it's not really in my armpit as such, but more on the inner muscular feeling bit that meets the breast if that makes any sense? Anyway... I went to the doctors again because the "lump" got bigger almost overnight and became really painful, enough for me to be worried.. It doesn't feel like a lump either, almost like something that stems from the armpit and is a bit rubbery and long. It can be moved around between the fingers too. Just for a bit of background I have had fibroadenomas in the past, but thought this location so close to the armpit was perhaps to high and far out to be one of those though it feels similar in texture.. Doctor reckons it's a swollen lymph node even though I have no sign of infection.

Of course, now I'm panicking about it being the C word! :ohmy: Has anyone had anything like this before and can put my mind at rest?

I do lift weights and had done a bit of breast stroke swimming 3 days before I found this thing, whatever it is. My armpits felt tender and lumpy when I got home, but can that really cause a gland to pop up? Is it maybe something to do with the pectoral muscle? I'm so stressed out!

ross201
20-08-17, 08:29
Going through the same stuff right now, I have one swollen in neck and my armpits have even been a bit tender, however I have found that your body doesn't have to show signs of infections for your body to be fighting one of if that makes sense. Body is always fighting infections and working. dont worry :)

thestruggle
21-08-17, 12:49
Going to doctors today for blood test results!