PDA

View Full Version : Need help calming down

Kez_miller
20-08-17, 04:43
For some reason I seem to be getting confused between my left arm/ hand and my right arm/hand. Like if I need too use my left I can and the same the other way round if I need to use my right. But for some reason I can't seem too tell them apart and I'm really starting to panic. Like typing this message I seem to be confused which hand is pressing the button. It's horrible. Is this just anxiety or am I having a stroke or something. I'm so scared.

Hypomean
20-08-17, 04:57
Is it right now that you are panicking or is it a constant?

Also if you are paying to much attention to it, you'll just be looking for that to happen and jumble yourself up.

Panicking it happens to me but it's just cause you aren't really focus on what you are doing that you mess up what is what.

Take deep breaths to calm yourself and clear your thoughts before continuing. If it really is an issue then you should get it checked out by a doctor.

Kez_miller
20-08-17, 05:00
I'm panicking right now. It's been going on now for a couple of hours. But the more i seem to concentrate on it. The more I panic. Like I can use both hands when I want too correctly and obviously can type. But I don't know. It just seems really scary.

MyNameIsTerry
20-08-17, 06:39
It sounds like you are experiencing some depersonalisation. It's an unpleasant symptom of anxiety that many experience at high anxiety stages or after panic attacks. It's a way for the mind to distance itself from what it is feeling but ironically tends to cause more anxiety over how strange it makes us feel.

Grounding exercises are used to help with this as they work on your focus and being in the present.

There is a sub board for DP/DR on the Symptoms board where others are going through this.