PDA

View Full Version : Still scared of rabies

purplewitch
20-08-17, 10:14
Hey so a previous post I made was about how like a week or two ago I was at an amusement park and how I saw these two mysterious markings on my ankle ( http://m.imgur.com/Dfnjt8i ) when I woke up after being at the park. My mind thought of a possible spider bite at first but now its since turned into a bat bite fear. I did not feel anything bite me or see any bats. But that makes me doubtful because i was not really hyper aware of my body feelings at that time because i was having fun. Can you actually feel a bat bite and does that even look like one. I was scared that one of the bats was hiding in the seat of one of the rides that I were in and bit me sneakily. Any help would be appreciated.

Fishmanpa
20-08-17, 10:30
I would suggest you read the responses to your last thread (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=206003) as the scenario you present is not grounded in reality.

Positive thoughts

purplewitch
20-08-17, 10:42
I would suggest you read the responses to your last thread (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=206003) as the scenario you present is not grounded in reality.

Positive thoughts

I know the scenario seems a little far fetched but it still scares me nonetheless.

paranoid-viking
20-08-17, 11:53
How come there has been so many rabies threads the last three months or so? Is it some summer scare or something.

Thinking about the thread "Dont ask medical advice on NMP". Well; I both agree and disagree on that. It depends on the context; if something really is wrong woth the body and has been for a while, one should consult a doctor. But crazy irrational fear of getting rabies from...well...nothing; then it is OK to post here for reasurrance; it is in fact better than wasting resources from the health services and GPs by ordering consultation for such irrational fears. Then you save the health services and the taxpayers both time, resources and money.

purplewitch
20-08-17, 11:56
How come there has been so many rabies threads the last three months or so? Is it some summer scare or something.

Thinking about the thread "Dont ask medical advice on NMP". Well; I both agree and disagree on that. It depends on the context; if something really is wrong woth the body and has been for a while, one should consult a doctor. But crazy irrational fear of getting rabies from...well...nothing; then it is OK to post here for reasurrance; it is in fact better than wasting resources from the health services and GPs by ordering consultation for such irrational fears. Then you save the health services and the taxpayers both time, resources and money.

so u think this is some stupid fear? or

Fishmanpa
20-08-17, 15:11
I know the scenario seems a little far fetched but it still scares me nonetheless.

so u think this is some stupid fear? or

PWitch... the scenario you present is not far fetched, it's IMPOSSIBLE! With respect and to use your word, yes, it's stupid to even concern yourself with this. Read this thread also. (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=206173)In the US there have been less than 5 total cases in the last three years and they were in people who had traveled abroad (according to the CDC). You just plain do not have it!

If you're not seeking professional help with your anxiety, I highly suggest you do so as some of the things you've tortured yourself with are beyond improbable.

Positive thoughts

AntsyVee
20-08-17, 20:50

ALS, rabies, prion diseases and schizophrenia seem to be the staple of HA/OCD. I know someone's gotten really bad when they think they have these.

willll
20-08-17, 20:55
You don't have rabies.

Since 2003 there have been less than 40 cases of rabies diagnosed in the US. It would be extremely rare that you got this especially at am amusement park. The marks look completely normal to me.