PDA

View Full Version : So, scared, dark stool!

TinkrTonkr
20-08-17, 20:41
Today my stool was very dark, it wasn't black, it was just really really dark brown, seemed black in low light.
I had stomach cancer and had stomach removed and this was the first time ever my stool looked like that.
So I rushed to the doctor at the oncology hospital and they told me if it was blood it would be really black and smell really bad, so he told me it was not blood (doctor was the same who performed surgery on me, he's considered one of the top doctors)
Why was my stool dark then if it wasn't blood? I didn't eat anything that might have caused it to be honest...
Also I feel a little nauseous and lost appetite in the past 2\3 days

nomorepanic
20-08-17, 20:56
Hi

Did you not ask these questions when you saw him as he is qualified to answer them not us?

Fishmanpa
20-08-17, 21:06
he told me it was not blood (doctor was the same who performed surgery on me, he's considered one of the top doctors)

That's what you need to grab onto. If he thought for a moment, considering your history, that it was something that needed further investigation, it would been ordered.

I can attest to blood in stool being nasty and smelly as I swallowed a lot of blood when my throat started bleeding after my initial surgery. Long story short, your doctor is spot on. It was some nasty stuff! :emot-puke: As to why? Apparently that's not important to the medical experts. As they say... Shite happens ;)

Positive thoughts

TinkrTonkr
20-08-17, 21:19
That's what you need to grab onto. If he thought for a moment, considering your history, that it was something that needed further investigation, it would been ordered.

I can attest to blood in stool being nasty and smelly as I swallowed a lot of blood when my throat started bleeding after my initial surgery. Long story short, your doctor is spot on. It was some nasty stuff! :emot-puke: As to why? Apparently that's not important to the medical experts. As they say... Shite happens ;)

Positive thoughts I went to the bathroom three times today, first it was all dark brown, then second and third time it was a mix of light brown and very dark brown. In the same stool I had two colours so weird.

---------- Post added at 21:19 ---------- Previous post was at 21:19 ----------

I went to the bathroom three times today, first it was all dark brown, then second and third time it was a mix of light brown and very dark brown. In the same stool I had two colours so weird.I just don't know what the hell might be causing this...

Fishmanpa
20-08-17, 22:45
I just don't know what the hell might be causing this...

Serious question: In light of no medical concern, why is the color of your poo so important to you? I'm curious as to the actual train of thought that ends up making you so concerned and why?

Positive thoughts