PDA

View Full Version : Erm, did I have a panic attack?

Anxiousinlondon
20-08-17, 21:38
Hi all am new here. I was on holiday with my bf in France a few weeks ago. We were having lunch at a really smart restaurant in the garden under these beautiful trees, it was idyllic. From nowhere (and I mean, nowhere), the garden started swaying, I felt like I was about to faint, my heart started going CRAZY and I felt like I was going to die. I legitimately thought “this is it. This is how I die”.. I had to grab onto the table. It only lasted maybe two to three minutes but it was really scary. Does that sound like a panic attack?

Have never had one before. Am generally a pretty chill person but I had been having some minor anxiety about some long-standing symptoms to do with my chest (which morphed into full on HA when I got back - see my other post).

I have an appointment with my GP tomorrow anyway and will ask but just wondered what you guys think.

Am otherwise worried the dizziness is a brain tumour. God. I need to ask for CBT tomorrow to nip this HA in the bud.

nomorepanic
20-08-17, 23:15
It doesn't sound like a panic attack to be honest just a dizzy spell which could be nothing sinister

Midnight-mouse
21-08-17, 00:25
Controversially it actually sounds like attacks I've had quite often. Attacks can feel very different from one person to another. I get that sort of attack when I've been pushing myself but am pretty overwhelmed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk