PDA

View Full Version : Q: Can teens have heart attack?

deejaay2
21-08-17, 03:51
Just a question, I'm having heartburn and a little gassy. Hoping it is coming from eating a little too much or anxiety-related? (Yeah, I'm only eighteen years old and shouldn't be worrying about this.)

Deanna J.

Midnight-mouse
21-08-17, 03:57
Incredibly slim, especially if your generally in good health without any heart complaints. And it's certainly even more unlikely if your asking here ;) it sounds like indigestion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

deejaay2
21-08-17, 04:03
Incredibly slim, especially if your generally in good health without any heart complaints. And it's certainly even more unlikely if your asking here ;) it sounds like indigestion.

I never had any problems with my heart. I'm a healthy person just overweight like 263 lbs lol. But in my family, high blood pressure runs. And I have been staying up for a few days, afraid that it might trigger it. -- Like I said before, no heart problems previously. Just I'm burpy and have a heartburn, still got the strained muscle feeling in my arm which is making me think I am having a heart attack. :weep:

Midnight-mouse
21-08-17, 04:07
I never had any problems with my heart. I'm a healthy person just overweight like 263 lbs lol. But in my family, high blood pressure runs. And I have been staying up for a few days, afraid that it might trigger it. -- Like I said before, no heart problems previously. Just I'm burpy and have a heartburn, still got the strained muscle feeling in my arm which is making me think I am having a heart attack. :weep:

I know what the panic is like it links all unrelated things together to make its case stronger, do you have high blood pressure or is it just in the family?

You've given logical reasons for the sensations your experiencing so really you know what's going on, I do understand that it's so hard to listen to the logical parts when anxiety bells are ringing

deejaay2
21-08-17, 04:11
I know what the panic is like it links all unrelated things together to make its case stronger, do you have high blood pressure or is it just in the family?

You've given logical reasons for the sensations your experiencing so really you know what's going on, I do understand that it's so hard to listen to the logical parts when anxiety bells are ringing

Never. But just in the family; my mom, oldest brother, oldest sister haves it. I don't know who else. But I believe it is anxiety. I did look up on Google about left arm strained muscle and they said it can be associated with heart attack.

Midnight-mouse
21-08-17, 04:14
Never. But just in the family; my mom, oldest brother, oldest sister haves it. I don't know who else. But I believe it is anxiety. I did look up on Google about left arm strained muscle and they said it can be associated with heart attack.

If you don't actually have high blood pressure then your risk is already even lower, plus your age and general good health it is extremely low already.

Google is evil when it comes to HA you will always find something that supports the anxious thoughts if you look hard enough.

deejaay2
21-08-17, 04:22
If you don't actually have high blood pressure then your risk is already even lower, plus your age and general good health it is extremely low already.

Google is evil when it comes to HA you will always find something that supports the anxious thoughts if you look hard enough.

You're so right; just I was thinking of something else. But even if I go to the doctor, I might hear the same thing: normal.

But I agree lol. It is, it went from seizures to this. True hypochondriac. :roflmao:

Midnight-mouse
21-08-17, 04:32
You're so right; just I was thinking of something else. But even if I go to the doctor, I might hear the same thing: normal.

But I agree lol. It is, it went from seizures to this. True hypochondriac. :roflmao:

Your doing well to rationalise, by all means get a check up with the doctors but you could also mention the problems your having with anxiety.

I bounce from cancer to cancer myself in the past six months I've been convinced that I've got at least 4or five different terminal illnesses. Currently free of any HA but it won't last there will be something new to latch on to, there always is. The trick is just learning to control the thought pattern and checking behaviours - especially dr google!

Phill2
21-08-17, 06:48
Just a question, I'm having heartburn and a little gassy. Hoping it is coming from eating a little too much or anxiety-related? (Yeah, I'm only eighteen years old and shouldn't be worrying about this.)

Deanna J.

Having had a heart attack myself I can tell you that if you were having one you wouldn't be sitting there typing

deejaay2
21-08-17, 06:58
Having had a heart attack myself I can tell you that if you were having one you wouldn't be sitting there typing

I made my own self nervous by accident. But how long does it take for a heart attack to happen?

Fishmanpa
21-08-17, 12:51
I made my own self nervous by accident. But how long does it take for a heart attack to happen?

As Phill said and having had two myself, he's 100% right. You don't need an answer to your question. You do need to let this go as you don't have heart disease at your age.

Positive thoughts

Thelegend27
22-08-17, 06:37
heart attacks can definitely happen to teenagers, but its very rare, anyone of any age can have heart problems, but what you describe could be literally 100 things. people under 40 generally dont have heart attacks but it can happen sometimes especially if you're overweight, family history of heart attacks at a young age. so just relax, take something for acid reflux and see if that helps, if it gets worse or doesnt get better just go see a doctor so they can help get rid of the discomfort and ease your mind.