PDA

View Full Version : Could blister end up infected?

Aimee1875
21-08-17, 21:44
Bought a new pair of shoes the other day and I've got quite wide feet,they felt fine within the first wee while but then started to hurt and ended up getting a few blisters. There's one on the side of my foot which has gotten worse over today even though I wore different and more comfy shoes. When I got home and took my shoes off there was black bits of what looked like sock under the blister and I tried to get most of it out as I didn't want it to heal with things under it as it could get infected so I had to peel it back a bit to get it out so it's not got skin covering it. Now I've read (stupidly) about a boy who got sepsis from a blister and now I'm at my wits end! I've covered it all up nicely with a blister plaster and I'm off work tomorrow so won't be wearing shoes in the house. I'm just so worried about sepsis or something:weep: how should I treat the blister?

Fishmanpa
21-08-17, 21:56
how should I treat the blister?

They can get infected so clean it with an antiseptic and apply an anti-bacterial (neosporin etc.) and you'll be fine :)

Positive thoughts

ScaredLizard
21-08-17, 21:59
Cover it with some antibiotic cream and a plaster if you are very scared. Then wear socks. Don't worry about bits of sock getting in a blister or sore. Your body will take care of it and it won't just stay there.

Aimee1875
21-08-17, 22:04
Thanks guys. Wish I never peeled it I didn't know you weren't suppose to do that! I've covered it just now and gave it a wash out,I'll take the plaster off tomorrow and wash it again and probably air it and cover it again. I don't want to look things up as I'll end up in a bad place