PDA

View Full Version : Does the tip of your finger become indented when pressing against something?

Thelegend27
22-08-17, 06:20
i've noticed before that when using my phone or just pressing against something with my fingertip when i release my fingertip is indented and take a few seconds to fill back out to normal shape. for example if i press the tip of my thumb on a table for a few seconds when i release the tip of my thumb will have a square like shape for a few seconds, or if i have the tip of my thumb pressed into the corner of my phone it leaves an indention for a few seconds. now i know youre probably thinking its my anxiety kicking but its actually not, im not scared as i have no reason to be that i am aware of, i just get curious and it bugs me sometimes when i dont have an answer for something. i did the old fingertip trick where you press your fingertip to see how quickly it turns back pink to judge circulation and mine immediately turns back pink so its not a circulation problem, my hands arent swollen or appearing to retain fluid. it also seems to be more noticeable when my hands are cold, and also the harder i press and the longer i leave it pressed the longer it stays indented. my girlfriend noticed hers does it a little which is what got my attention on it hers seems to indent less than mine but i also seem to have more skin on my fingertip than hers. anyways i just wanted to know if this was normal so if you could press on something and leave a reply lol :roflmao:

MyNameIsTerry
22-08-17, 07:17
I don't need to try it, I know it's normal. Totally normal.

Ever wear a tight pair of socks and take them off to find the pattern around your leg? Again, all normal.

Thelegend27
22-08-17, 07:30
yeah but i dont mean prolonged pressure i mean just press it for a second or two and it does it.

swajj
22-08-17, 11:23
Yes that happens to me. Also as we age it seems to happen more easily.

Fishmanpa
22-08-17, 13:17
When's that first appointment with therapy? Did you get a date yet?

Positive thoughts

Magic
22-08-17, 14:50
yes it's normal. Never thought about that sort of thing before. Take care.