PDA

View Full Version : I feel so sorry for myself!

KatiePink
22-08-17, 13:41
I'm having a really rubbish time guys! :weep:

For the past few weeks i developed pain around my groin, thighs, hips, back after walking only short distances. A few nights ago i went to bed in pain and when i woke up, i couldn't physically get out of bed, i am in absolute agony 24/7 and it is caused by something called SPD which you can develop in pregnancy,

Apparently the hormone relaxin causes the pelvic and pubic bones/cartilage to loosen and separate slightly, but with SPD it loosens far too much and can slip out of place.
I am only 20 weeks pregnant so quite early to have this so bad already, a lot of people end up on crutches or in a wheelchair and i'm scared of whats to come.

We are due back to work in 2 weeks and i cannot afford to not return, but how i am right now i physically could not do it as i cannot even get dressed myself. Doctor has referred me to physio but that could take a while, basically they've said i just have to deal with it until baby is born.

For most people it goes after delivery, however for some it doesn't and can be a long term thing, which i think will be me as i have had back/hip problems for a while before pregnancy and i'm worried about the long term damage this is doing.

It really is a strain on your mental health being in constant pain, i want to enjoy my pregnancy but there is only so much i can take :weep:

After speaking to others who have suffered online i am considering paying for private Osteopath sessions while waiting for NHS physio. Many people have said they were miles better after a couple of sessions so i am hoping and praying this works for me.

Virtual hugs please :hugs: :hugs:

Magic
22-08-17, 14:46
:hugs::hugs::hugs: never heard of this sort of thing before. Hope the Osteopath works for you xxx

KatiePink
22-08-17, 16:15
:hugs::hugs::hugs: never heard of this sort of thing before. Hope the Osteopath works for you xxx

Thank you Magic :hugs: Doesn't seem like my GP knows much either going private is the only way really fingers crossed!

Shezney
22-08-17, 18:06
I had this with my last pregnancy, really hoping I dont get it this time, I saw a physio last time and was told basically to stop when it hurts which is no good because it hurts all the time , have you tried a bump band ,i got 1 off the physio ?

KatiePink
22-08-17, 18:21
I had this with my last pregnancy, really hoping I dont get it this time, I saw a physio last time and was told basically to stop when it hurts which is no good because it hurts all the time , have you tried a bump band ,i got 1 off the physio ?

No i'm going to get a bump band and been told a maternity ball helps as well. Ive just done these exercises with my partner and it has definitely helped a little so will continue with that for now https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVW7lalrwxE

Yes 'stop when it hurts' there is no time that it doesn't hurt! Did the pain go after delivery with yours?

Shezney
22-08-17, 20:17
Yeah, think it took a week or 2 but after that I was back to normal

MyNameIsTerry
23-08-17, 01:44

You would have to remind them of that when they are telling you to push a bit later on! :winks:

MyNameIsTerry
23-08-17, 06:04
That sounds really tough, Katie, so a big :hugs::hugs::hugs: from me!!!

Anything you can find that helps with this sounds a good thing, as long as safe for you & baby, as it's hard enough going through pregnancy (like I know! :doh:...well, I've grown the bump so...:whistles:) let alone the extra pain & worry.

Just keep hoping it goes with childbirth. Many of us on here have aches & pains, you know that all comes with anxiety, so be wary of linking the two as it may have no bearing on this new condition.