PDA

View Full Version : Stressed over getting blood test

phil06
22-08-17, 22:59
My doctor wants go give me one before I get anymore risperidone but I've yet to book one as I hate getting them.

Anybody else have this issue? :blush:

Pepperpot
22-08-17, 23:33
WELL I'm not fond of them but what's the worst that can happen? It'll sting for a minute that's all

braindead
23-08-17, 09:15
ACTUALLY i think there great, you find any problems early if there is any, they don't hurt at all , its like having a health check all in one:yesyes:

Lola-Lee
23-08-17, 12:54
I went to the Vampire Suckers today for my monthly test,you get used too it even though it is hard too find a good vein.

ShaunRyder
23-08-17, 13:02
I had one a little while ago and was so anxious, but when I actually got there it really was not as bad as I was making it out to be :doh:

braindead
23-08-17, 17:38
I went to the Vampire Suckers today for my monthly test,you get used too it even though it is hard too find a good vein.

how come you go every month ???????????:wacko: it take 2 weeks for results

Pepperpot
23-08-17, 18:22
how come you go every month ???????????:wacko: it take 2 weeks for results

for bog standard blood tests it takes 2 days here

braindead
24-08-17, 09:28
for bog standard blood tests it takes 2 days here
I still dont understand why you go every month, WHAT is your illness that changes month by month, BLOOD TEST in England if mentally ill is once a year , and if a fluctuating thyroid six months for that . explain please ??????????????

phil06
24-08-17, 10:19
I still dont understand why you go every month, WHAT is your illness that changes month by month, BLOOD TEST in England if mentally ill is once a year , and if a fluctuating thyroid six months for that . explain please ??????????????

My doctor wants one every three months but my previous doctor never wanted any.

Lola-Lee
25-08-17, 03:53

Sorry braindead,but that is private and something you don't need too know.My tests do come back in 2/3 days.:D

Ellecee
25-08-17, 03:59
I used to stress so badly over them. I even fainted at one point! I get blood drawn every three months or so now, due to autoimmune disease. I think the more often you get it done, the more you become used to it. Just remember to breathe and find an object to focus on while you focus on breathing. Good luck!

braindead
25-08-17, 18:01
Sorry braindead,but that is private and something you don't need too know.My tests do come back in 2/3 days.:D

your on a forum talking about your illness, sorry i thought the point was to be open , :shrug:

Pepperpot
25-08-17, 18:03
your on a forum talking about your illness, sorry i thought the point was to be open , :shrug:

No it's not - they weren't making a post about themselves, they were merely making a remark on another post

braindead
25-08-17, 18:18
No it's not - they weren't making a post about themselves, they were merely making a remark on another post

I just asked a valid question ????? i answer anything from posters private or not thats the nature of the beast , but if i was out of line its cool with me.:wacko:

Pepperpot
25-08-17, 18:21
I just asked a valid question ????? i answer anything from posters private or not thats the nature of the beast , but if i was out of line its cool with me.:wacko:

I'm not having a pop at you. That's absolutely fine if you want to share details of stuff, but some people don't like to :)

swgrl09
25-08-17, 22:27
I hated getting blood work too - more the waiting for results. But honestly since I got pregnant I have had to get it done so often that I don't get nervous anymore. I bet once you do it you will think it was easy and feel a lot better about it.

phil06
05-09-17, 20:38
They booked me in Monday not looking forward to it

crazygal
05-09-17, 21:08
Blood test are hit or misses for . Sometimes I get a nurse who takes the blood and I don't even feel the needle. Other times you get a careless mofo who who just rams the needle in.

But the good thing blood test only last a few seconds.

B3521
05-09-17, 21:18
It's not the tests I mind themselves it's the results!

phil06
05-09-17, 22:55
It's not the tests I mind themselves it's the results!

Yes I will have that to worry about next :huh:

braindead
06-09-17, 09:50
WHEN i have blood test like for the last 45 years they never tell me the results unless i ask/ if they dont tell you there is nothing wrong so dont ask. my thyroid need a slight up or down in micro grams but the doc just changes the script to the new level he never informs me,:shrug:

phil06
11-09-17, 11:46
I got the test they took about 3 lots and I felt close to fainting. So it was as bad as i thought I will be refusing going every three months :blush:

braindead
11-09-17, 17:43
I got the test they took about 3 lots and I felt close to fainting. So it was as bad as i thought I will be refusing going every three months :blush:

what meds are you on to go every 3 months, for bloodwork, NHS once a year now, 6 month for thyroid but only if you shrink ask,s :confused:

phil06
11-09-17, 18:20
what meds are you on to go every 3 months, for bloodwork, NHS once a year now, 6 month for thyroid but only if you shrink ask,s :confused:

risperidone it's strange because the doctor I was previously registered too never wanted any tests and was told it was only ones like lithium you need tests for.

I find every three months a bit much.