PDA

View Full Version : I burped and....

Hypomean
23-08-17, 00:10
Acid reflux gunk and acid came through my nose. Out of one nostril. I was washing dishes I felt a burp coming and then I just felt the acid burn my nose and then watering gunk came out of my nose. Is burns!! And I am so scared. What just happened? My lips feel numb and I started sweating a lot. I had just burped a little earlier and it's like I threw up but just a little bit.
What do I do??

Midnight-mouse
23-08-17, 00:42
Acid reflux gunk and acid came through my nose. Out of one nostril. I was washing dishes I felt a burp coming and then I just felt the acid burn my nose and then watering gunk came out of my nose. Is burns!! And I am so scared. What just happened? My lips feel numb and I started sweating a lot. I had just burped a little earlier and it's like I threw up but just a little bit.

What do I do??

Try and calm yourself (easier said than done I know) these things are actually quite normal, you burped and brought up a little stomach acid and it couldn't come out your mouth. The numbness and sweating sounds like a panic response, have you had a lot of indigestion?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hypomean
23-08-17, 04:40
Try and calm yourself (easier said than done I know) these things are actually quite normal, you burped and brought up a little stomach acid and it couldn't come out your mouth. The numbness and sweating sounds like a panic response, have you had a lot of indigestion?

As of late yes. It's gotten bad. But I have been taking Gaviscon and antacid tablets. And to get this. Ugh my nose burned for a while after that. And then to go one and have pressure afterwards :sad:

Let's say I'm trying so hard not to freak out but then an actual symptom happens and I just unravel and I'm panicking. I think your right the sweating must have been from the panic.
Thank you for taking the time to reply :)

ScaredLizard
23-08-17, 05:26
Stomach acid will burn so that's entirely normal. You should consider starting a food diary. That can help you figure out what you might need to cut down on or out of your diet to help control the acid reflux a bit better. Like I discovered I couldn't eat any types of sausages because the spices in them made my reflux so much worse.

The sweating and numb lips definitely sounds like anxiety. I've btdt

Hypomean
23-08-17, 11:06
Stomach acid will burn so that's entirely normal. You should consider starting a food diary. That can help you figure out what you might need to cut down on or out of your diet to help control the acid reflux a bit better. Like I discovered I couldn't eat any types of sausages because the spices in them made my reflux so much worse.

The sweating and numb lips definitely sounds like anxiety. I've btdt

I will. It really needs to be settled down. Right now I woke up to some chest pressure. Its the heartburn I hope. The acid in those had me worried on what if the gunk that might be stuck at the back of my nose could cause some respiratory problems... I just can't go there... it will add to my mountain of fears. And I want that to stop.

I had sausage in the morning, maybe it's the same for me? I also drank a watered down pineapple drink. (I drink pineapple juice when I feel a UTi coming on)

Midnight-mouse
23-08-17, 11:11
I will. It really needs to be settled down. Right now I woke up to some chest pressure. Its the heartburn I hope. The acid in those had me worried on what if the gunk that might be stuck at the back of my nose could cause some respiratory problems... I just can't go there... it will add to my mountain of fears. And I want that to stop.

I had sausage in the morning, maybe it's the same for me? I also drank a watered down pineapple drink. (I drink pineapple juice when I feel a UTi coming on)

It shouldn't be lodged I wouldn't worry about that, really it's just a liquid it would of come out your nose and any remaining back from where it came, stomach acid is brutal that's why it can still feel like it's there because of its acidic nature it does burn. Start writing down when what your eating and drinking and when this happens or when you have heartburn to try and find out what's causing it, as others have suggested.

The pineapple juice is quite acidic too, fruit juice can set me off. Do you drink a lot of coffee or fizzy drinks too?

Annaboodle
23-08-17, 12:35
Ugh! acid reflux is horrible. I hate it. What you describe has happened to me a lot. Reading what else you've said - I had to cut out all fruit juices as they're too acidic for me, also tomato juice and tomato based things unfortunately. Fatty fried foods often need to go too (sausages). I should also cut out coffee and anything caffeinated at all (includes green tea, which has more caffeine than people think) and also carbonated drinks, but I don't always stick to the no coffee part.

ScaredLizard
23-08-17, 15:28

It's not lodged no worries. It just irritates everyone when it comes up the throat.

Pineapple juice is very acidic so it definitely could play a part in it!

Pressure is gas if it's happening when you lay down. There's been sometimes I have to sleep half sitting up because of reflux. It's very yuck

Fishmanpa
23-08-17, 15:38
Gross! I've had that happen. Typically it's because I ate something I shouldn't have or too late in the evening. Keep a bottle of Mylanta around. A sip of that quells the taste and the burn.

Positive thoughts

Hypomean
23-08-17, 22:54
Ugh! acid reflux is horrible. I hate it. What you describe has happened to me a lot. Reading what else you've said - I had to cut out all fruit juices as they're too acidic for me, also tomato juice and tomato based things unfortunately. Fatty fried foods often need to go too (sausages). I should also cut out coffee and anything caffeinated at all (includes green tea, which has more caffeine than people think) and also carbonated drinks, but I don't always stick to the no coffee part.

It is horrible, I am cleaning up my diet. No more bad stuff for me.
It sucks because of all day my family wants me to make lasagne today. I'll be stuck with a B.R.A.T diet :(

---------- Post added at 21:47 ---------- Previous post was at 21:44 ----------

It's not lodged no worries. It just irritates everyone when it comes up the throat.

Pineapple juice is very acidic so it definitely could play a part in it!

Pressure is gas if it's happening when you lay down. There's been sometimes I have to sleep half sitting up because of reflux. It's very yuck

I shouldn't worry, and thanks to you guys I'm not that worried. The chest pains and burning are still there but I'm breathing through it and hopefully with the antiacids it will get better in time.

I slept sitting down the rest of my night after waking up with some discomfort. It will take me getting used to it but if it works who am I to complain?

---------- Post added at 21:54 ---------- Previous post was at 21:47 ----------

Gross! I've had that happen. Typically it's because I ate something I shouldn't have or too late in the evening. Keep a bottle of Mylanta around. A sip of that quells the taste and the burn.

Positive thoughts

It really is gross.
I have to avoid laying down after eating. We have late dinners and I usually just clean up and get upstairs to rest. I'll be eating earlier then the rest of the fam.

Thank you for taking the time to reply.