PDA

View Full Version : Ladies please dont dye your hair dark or use chemical realxers

AussieWorrier
23-08-17, 08:15
In the news today :
http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/beauty/face-body/dark-hair-dye-and-chemical-straighteners-have-been-linked-to-breast-cancer/news-story/2e6b470b92791426e92a3e680fd0b3c8

cyberchondriac.
23-08-17, 08:47
Everything these days gives you cancer! ����

swajj
23-08-17, 09:47
Love your source. lol Even the lead author of the study said that it did t prove there was a link between cancer and hair dye. :doh:

AussieWorrier
23-08-17, 09:50
Love your source. lol Even the lead author of the study said that it did t prove there was a link between cancer and hair dye. :doh:

I feel you're Australian and I assume you are judging by the flag then you should know this is news.com.au and was on the Today show today .... so don't belittle it!!

---------- Post added at 08:50 ---------- Previous post was at 08:49 ----------

Everything these days gives you cancer! ����

Not everything but chemicals yes so stay away from them as much as possible

swajj
23-08-17, 09:57
I don't respect either of those sources. I'm dismissing the significance of the study based on the lead author of the study's own words:

"But the lead author of the study said while there was a possible link between dark hair dye, chemical straighteners and cancer, it didn’t prove a connection."

AussieWorrier
23-08-17, 10:30
I don't respect either of those sources. I'm dismissing the significance of the study based on the lead author of the study's own words:

"But the lead author of the study said while there was a possible link between dark hair dye, chemical straighteners and cancer, it didn’t prove a connection."

This article is from 2014 and states the same
https://www.choice.com.au/health-and-body/beauty-and-personal-care/hair-care-and-removal/articles/chemicals-in-hair-dye

Lola-Lee
23-08-17, 12:19
I used to dye my hair until I got a bad reaction,my bloody hair was falling out right in front of the hairdresser,she was horrified as was I,since then I don't put any colour in my hair.Plus I had to walk out of there bald as a badger.:mad:

AussieWorrier
23-08-17, 12:33
I used to dye my hair until I got a bad reaction,my bloody hair was falling out right in front of the hairdresser,she was horrified as was I,since then I don't put any colour in my hair.Plus I had to walk out of there bald as a badger.:mad:

I get blonde foils done and they don't come in contact with the scalp but I have decided to give my hair a break and haven't coloured it for almost a year now and the blonde highlights are growing out and it actually looks nice and natural

Lola-Lee
23-08-17, 12:44
I just use those water coloured one's now,at the moment it is bright pink otherwise it is au naturale.:D

ScaredLizard
23-08-17, 15:26
My mil's been dying her hair since 1988 and she always dyes it a dark color. No cancer. Correlation doesn't imply causation

melfish
23-08-17, 15:32
I used to work for News Corp and I wouldn't rely on anything that comes out of that joint! *Especially* medical stuff. It's cherry-picking and conclusion-jumping at its most heinous. I know, I did it.

ServerError
23-08-17, 15:38
Not everything but chemicals yes so stay away from them as much as possible

Literally everything is a chemical.

Cakelady
23-08-17, 17:42
Oh well I'm screwed then.......but I can't think of many many man made products that won't supposedly kill you ....so I'm not going grey anytime soon:winks:x

Leah88
23-08-17, 23:12
I don't think this post has relevance on this forum. It would be like me posting a thread saying please don't smoke.

AntsyVee
24-08-17, 04:53
I don't think this post has relevance on this forum. It would be like me posting a thread saying please don't smoke.

Yes, and it's place on the HA section is just going to do harm. People on the HA section are already too reactive. They don't need any more reasons to think they're dying.

Annaboodle
24-08-17, 11:17
Yes, could people think a bit more before posting something potentially worrying or triggering they happen to have read. grrr.....