PDA

View Full Version : so stressed about daughter's knee pain

mags1501
23-08-17, 10:34
My DD is 14 and dances, back in May after lots of dancing she started to suffer with knee pain - couldn't walk on it etc. We went to physio and they patched it up so she could dance in a show. SHe was in a lot of pain but managed to do it. Several more physio sessions suggested she had an issue with her foot which was causing knee pain. We got insole for her feet to raise the arch and carried on with the exercises she was given. After the money ran out I went back to her GP who referred her to an NHS physio, she diagnosed it was coming from her hip and she is hypermobile..her knee moves around a lot. She was given more exercises which she does every day. This was about 5 weeks ago. Last week she sat in a car for 2hrs and she complained her knee was hurting...cut a long story short we had to cut short a day out as she was struggling walking up the stairs on the underground...I spoke to her physio who said that she thinks the car journey has niggled her knee problem..
However I'm really stressing that it is something more serious like cancer. I'm the health anxiety sufferer. My DH says I'm being silly. I'm so tempted to take her to A&E to try and get a scan on it but realistically I know they probably won't do that...Any help/words of wisdom would be much appreciated, I'm really struggling with this.

ScaredLizard
23-08-17, 15:39
Hypermobility causes a lot of issues. My family has a genetic condition which leads to very hypermobile joints and my youngest regularly complains about knee pain. After knee braces didn't help we are now doing PT because its foot and ankle related.

She's an active kiddo and honestly I wouldn't worry about it

mags1501
31-08-17, 22:12
I'm so sorry to keep to bring this up again but I'm really stressing and in floods of tears about this. We're still having physio and I told her about the previous weekend, she gave her some stretching exercises and will see her again in 10 days..If no improvement then she will refer her back to GP for an x ray. She gave her hip and knee a good going over moving it here and there.

Today she walked probably 1/2 mile and her knee started aching again and she had to sit down. The physio has said it's coming from her hip. I'm just so scared that she has bone cancer, I'm a mess.

She's in good health other than that.